When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yard Schwinns

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Posted this in "What Bike Did You Ride Today? thread this morning. I know not everyone looks at that, so I'll mention it here. Was out riding early on 8 Ball and seen three Schwinns at an antique place. They are not my cup of tea, but if there are any Schwinn folks near me that are interested, take a ride to Winfield, Ill. Guys, bring the wife, there are 3 antique shops next to each other with plenty of junk in them. One is a re-sale place, other two are packed with antiques the wives would really enjoy. The bikes were all 40 to 45 bucks each. see my post in : "What Bike Did You Ride Today."

Posted this in "What Bike Did You Ride Today? thread this morning. I know not everyone looks at that, so I'll mention it here. Was out riding early on 8 Ball and seen three Schwinns at an antique place. They are not my cup of tea, but if there are any Schwinn folks near me that are interested, take a ride to Winfield, Ill. Guys, bring the wife, there are 3 antique shops next to each other with plenty of junk in them. One is a re-sale place, other two are packed with antiques the wives would really enjoy. The bikes were all 40 to 45 bucks each. see my post in : "What Bike Did You Ride Today."
For $40 to $45, I'd buy that American, The two speed mechanical hub and activator system is worth that alone. Just my opinion...

After I posted about these Schwinn's, shortly after, someone here bought all of them. I wonder if they will be parted out???? The total asking price of these 3 bikes was $125.00 .
IMG_2455.JPG
IMG_2456.JPG
IMG_2458.JPG
IMG_2459.JPG
IMG_2463.JPG

Did you buy them Tinker? What state are you guys in?

That's how I found out they were sold, Sven. I got to thinking that there is a fellow that has a pre-war junky Closon for sale. I figured he might be interested in the boy's Schwinn . It is a 50's bike and not a common one, with that shiftier and two speed on it. Figured maybe we could do a trade. Glad someone bought them, would be funny if it was him, because that's the types of bikes he buys. I live in Illinois.. I visited Tennessee for the first time last summer with the wife. Found "Rocky Top" on the map but it was too far a drive from where we were, to go visit it. I always liked that song. Heard it almost 50 years ago when I was far away from home in the service. A placed named "Rocky Top"seemed like a good place to be . Bet there's some old bikes stashed there, behind them moonshine stills.:)

Early American with 2-speed; 'cardboard' seat had failed. Late 50s Starlet. Both worth more than asking price for all.... COOL that you posted a ;head's-up!!!

Last edited:
That's how I found out they were sold, Sven. I got to thinking that there is a fellow that has a pre-war junky Closon for sale. I figured he might be interested in the boy's Schwinn . It is a 50's bike and not a common one, with that shiftier and two speed on it. Figured maybe we could do a trade. Glad someone bought them, would be funny if it was him, because that's the types of bikes he buys. I live in Illinois.. I visited Tennessee for the first time last summer with the wife. Found "Rocky Top" on the map but it was too far a drive from where we were, to go visit it. I always liked that song. Heard it almost 50 years ago when I was far away from home in the service. A placed named "Rocky Top"seemed like a good place to be . Bet there's some old bikes stashed there, behind them moonshine stills.:)

That song has been in my head since I read your post.:). I like it !

Yep....When you are far away from home, somewhere you don't want to be, a song like that grabs you, makes you feel good It's kind of like this hobby of ours, it grabs you. Never be in it for the money. Sure you can make a buck or two, nothing wrong with that. Gives you some more cash to stick in the can towards your next project. But a hobby should be just that. It's time to relax yourself and maybe, just maybe , give a little something back. We've been given plenty.

Back