When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Year and Worth for a 40s Hawthorne

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ustolemybike

On Training Wheels
Just picked this up at an auction today. S/N G54337. From what information I can find which is little this bike is around the 1940-1941 range. I was wondering what the specific model was if any and maybe about what it is worth.

DSC_1260.jpg

I can tell you it was made by Cleveland Welding but I wouldn't know what model. It appears to have all the fancy components so it was probably close to top of the line model. The chain guard is aftermarket but everything else looks original. You can easily get $300 if you part it out - nice parts! If you can get the green paint off it might be easier to fix a value. Some people have had great success getting house paint off without destroying the original finish which is much harder. I bought a '41 very similar - same green paint even - to yours for $40 off a guys driveway. If you have a wife or girl that would ride it it could be priceless. It was definitely a classic in it's day and it can be again. Have Fun! Robert

Hawthorne

Maybe a 150 dollar piece in that condition. Cool bike.
Now...
tear the 4D battery tray out of that tank and sell it to me.

If you have a wife or girl that would ride it it could be priceless. It was definitely a classic in it's day and it can be again. Have Fun! Robert

Why does it have to be a girl who rides it? I hate how people on here minimalize girl's bikes by saying things like "that would be great fixed up for your wife to ride" or "that's a great parts bike, it's worthless whole though." This is a nice example of a highly optioned girl's bike, do not part it out, and don't listen to the folks telling you that it's worth more in parts. If I had the money right now, I would offer $300 for it as a whole and ride it myself.

Thank you guys so much for the info. I guess it is a comet from what I can tell. I had another guy say the same thing. I was thinking of listing it on ebay. If I do I will let you guys know what it brings.

Last edited:
Why does it have to be a girl who rides it? I hate how people on here minimalize girl's bikes by saying things like "that would be great fixed up for your wife to ride" or "that's a great parts bike, it's worthless whole though." This is a nice example of a highly optioned girl's bike, do not part it out, and don't listen to the folks telling you that it's worth more in parts. If I had the money right now, I would offer $300 for it as a whole and ride it myself.

In that case, I have about 15 bikes I would love for you to de-minimalize for me. I'll even deliver to the Copake swap for a de-minimalized fee...

-AJ

300 is a fair offer for that bike, I wouldn't take any less. It is missing the correct chainguard but they are easy to find for cheap that wouldn't cut into any profits. Heck you might even find it in the matching house paint green. The original color is prob under that paint and is most likely in good shape. I'd go about finding out.

Back