When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

year ID help please - prewar womens Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Z

zoso

Starting building this up for my wife and trying to narrow down the year it was made.

Got it as a bare frame, no badge, no crank, no fork etc etc. Any help on what year it actually is? I looked at the Schwinn serial number page and prewar tips page, but that doesn't really narrow it down too much.

P1000691.png

P1000680.png

Thanks

pre war ladie's frame

howdy,yikes,you're in for a expensive project,.... serial # dates it 1941,mid,as '41 is f,and g. notched seat post clamp came out in mid '40. shoot me a email,kodishk@yahoo for more info. kk:o

Wow that was quick, thanks. If I may be so bold, if folks can figure this stuff out, why doesn't anyone update the serial #page on angelfire?

not my job to update other folks sites. gone through mucho,mucho bikes though,and my photographic memory helps,too. kk;)

Gotcha. Well the person that runs that site should update it ;)

Thanks again for your help

Expensive?

What makes this an expensive build? I thought most womens bikes were cheap to do.

the parts are expensive because your looking for prewar schwinn stuff which is expensive but if you buy a girls bike you can get parts that way but no one wants to invest in it because they can't get the return unless they get it cheap and part it out. So its mainly the parts that make it expensive. Although if you already have most of the parts then it shouldn't be that costly just labor and paint.

Back