When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Year ID on Motorbike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
... Make sure you mock up everything before you paint. I restored a whole bike once and went to assemble and rear fender didn't fit. Had to hunt forever to find correct fender. Almost had to mend a 36 and 38 together.

Probably preaching to the choir for you guys (Dave/Tim) but invaluable advice for others doing a resto. Not only do I mock a bike up I put it together and ride it. I ride all of my bikes and just about every resto that I've bought I've had to go completely through and adjust and sort just to make road worthy. If you put it together and ride it before the resto you will find things like misaligned chain stays, fenders that don't fit exactly right or the chain rubbing the fender or guard. Fix all of this before starting any work and you will save yourself grief later. V/r Shawn

Back