When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Year & model of this Hiawatha

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

joseywales

Finally riding a big boys bike
Can anyone give me some info on this bike?
bikes 004.jpg
bikes 005.jpg

Kinda hard to tell by the pics but I believe that frame was introduced about 41 and was continued after the war for a few years. I've seen a pre-war Arrow (I believe Scrubbinrims owns it now) that had the same chainring which I think unusual for a Shelby built bike but I'll let teh experts help ya on this one. V/r Shawn

Kinda hard to tell by the pics but I believe that frame was introduced about 41 and was continued after the war for a few years. I've seen a pre-war Arrow (I believe Scrubbinrims owns it now) that had the same chainring which I think unusual for a Shelby built bike but I'll let teh experts help ya on this one. V/r Shawn

Hey Shawn, isn't that a Murray chainring?

Hey Shawn, isn't that a Murray chainring?

The crank (bent!) looks like a Shelby unit. These chainwheels appear on Shelby-builts far too often to be a coincidence. Militarymonark just posted one recently as well. I have seen at least a dozen. There must have been a time and a reason that they were factory installed... Perhaps a retailer specified distinction. I believe that Shelby, Huffman and to a lesser degree Murray "mixed it up" with components to give each retailer a slightly different appearing product.

Last edited:
Back