When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Year & model verification help

Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SoonerWatts

On Training Wheels
-----

Did Dad wheel you about in the child seat when you were a little fellow? 🥹

-----
Funny you ask. The only story I have about the child seat in the 1st pic is that my dad got stoned one day after class at a classmates while attending OU (he went back from 80-84, I was 4-8 during those years), after he picked me up from daycare & never smoked again because he said he didn’t remember picking me up or riding home. 😳💭😵‍💫🤣

Rusty Klunker

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Do you still have the wheels and tires that were with it when you received it? IF they were originally that would help in its history.

Looks like its missing the truss bars on the springer. You might want to add them.

juvela

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Funny you ask. The only story I have about the child seat in the 1st pic is that my dad got stoned one day after class at a classmates while attending OU (he went back from 80-84, I was 4-8 during those years), after he picked me up from daycare & never smoked again because he said he didn’t remember picking me up or riding home. 😳💭😵‍💫🤣

-----

Those Sooners! 🤣

-----

AS-1

I think 57 is the year. There could be parts from other years but as far as I know, aside from what I updated the rest should be original or at least from another older Schwinn. Anyone in the family that could’ve confirmed is long gone unfortunately but I appreciate your input! The tires I put on are definitely bigger than the original.
Is your serial number R46923?

AS-1

Do you still have the wheels and tires that were with it when you received it? IF they were originally that would help in its history.

Looks like its missing the truss bars on the springer. You might want to add them.
The front fender is not a springer fork fender.

AS-1

I think you nailed it. 1957 K19 looks to be a match to me. Appreciate the input!
Was your bike originally equipped with a Torpedo headlight?

Note: the Model K19 Deluxe Hornet was the 1958 Model as seen on the 1958 Fair Trade Prices page and on page 9 of the 1958 Schwinn Dealer Catalog. The Model K15 Hornet was also the 1958 Model as seen on the Fair Trade Prices page and on page 15 of the Schwinn Dealer catalog, but it was equipped with the Torpedo headlight.

Since your bike has a serial number that was found on 1955 and 1957 Schwinn bikes, the 1955 possibility is eliminated because both the Deluxe Hornet and the Hornet of that year were built on the "Schwinn double bar frame." Your bike is built on the cantilever frame and is thus the 1957 edition. The 1957 Schwinn Deluxe Hornet was equipped with a Delta Rocket Ray headlight. If your bike was originally equipped with a Torpedo headlight, it would follow that it was a Model F15 Schwinn Hornet rather than a Model F19 Schwinn Deluxe Hornet.

Last edited:

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Was your bike originally equipped with a Torpedo headlight?

Note: the Model K19 Deluxe Hornet was the 1958 Model as seen on the 1958 Fair Trade Prices page and on page 9 of the 1958 Schwinn Dealer Catalog. The Model K15 Hornet was also the 1958 Model as seen on the Fair Trade Prices page and on page 15 of the Schwinn Dealer catalog, but it was equipped with the Torpedo headlight.

Since your bike has a serial number that was found on 1955 and 1957 Schwinn bikes, the 1955 possibility is eliminated because both the Deluxe Hornet and the Hornet of that year were built on the "Schwinn double bar frame." Your bike is built on the cantilever frame and is thus the 1957 edition. The 1957 Schwinn Deluxe Hornet was equipped with a Delta Rocket Ray headlight. If your bike was originally equipped with a Torpedo headlight, it would follow that it was a Model D15 Schwinn Hornet rather than a Model D19 Schwinn Deluxe Hornet.
There were no D model hornets in 1957.