When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Year of this Bike?

-

Drzdave58

Finally riding a big boys bike
Picked up this apparent Heil bros badged Schwinn bike...I would like to know the year if possible..serial number is H14809..thx
D1C4FB96-F9DE-463A-9AE7-83C79D3A4639.jpeg

C4092FBA-213D-4605-AF86-CD387D6E980E.jpeg

I'm by no means a Schwinn expert...but I was kinda proud that I knew this one. Curved downtube and one year only deep fenders. Just like my bud @Schwinn499's DX.

Last edited:
So mike....do you consider this bike as being rare?...I paid $225 for it...the guy I bought it off was all worried that it was worth a lot more...I did think the fenders looked different ...does the Heil bros headbadge affect the value ?

Last edited:
1941 D97X-1 (unequipped) with a "new deeper chain guard". From the Schwinn Ads I have seen, it seems to be the year they came out with the Schwinn logo chain guard design for the DX. The reason it is that model, is because if it had a springer fork, rack, torpedo light, tank, hand brakes, etc. It would be considered a D97XE-1. From one of the post I read the serial numbers for the 1941 are from "G32427- H93415). The fenders are confusing to me at times, in 1941 I have seen different fenders on DX's. With all this being said, I am just a beginner at this. Don't take my information as gold. See Attached 1941 Schwinn Ad

1941 Schwinn DX Ad.JPG

Back