When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Year of this Colson?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Doktorsung

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Could someone help me know the year of my old colson bike?
05eb2702775ea4e75bf71627fb6f0e80.jpg
52d0fefd7a800f80ee3b426257e2466b.jpg
9757c87342ed0e2eb883a9ba63ae79dc.jpg
0fd7ffb2f613d6bb6cc5c7ab6e22b4af.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G935T mediante Tapatalk

Judging buy where the lower top tube meets the down tube & the chainring, I'll guess 1937 ish.

July, 1939 imo. (Edit. I stand corrected. The Colson #'s in the mid-30's were not consistan to the early and later(?) ones)

Last edited:
July, 1939 imo.

This MIGHT be one of those cases where the "G" stands for Goodyear and the 9 is just part of the serial number.
My personal opinion is that this one doesn't actually have a date code, as they are generally on a second line under the serial number.
I'll agree with mike j on the 1937ish date.

This MIGHT be one of those cases where the "G" stands for Goodyear and the 9 is just part of the serial number.
My personal opinion is that this one doesn't actually have a date code, as they are generally on a second line under the serial number.
I'll agree with mike j on the 1937ish date.
I do not know if the fork is original, what do you think? It's a 36?

Enviado desde mi SM-G935T mediante Tapatalk

I do not know if the fork is original, what do you think? It's a 36?

As rustjunkie and fordmike65 mentioned, your Colson would be a 1936 if that fork were original to the bike. No way to say for sure that it is or isn't. Based on those two members knowledge on the subject, If the bike were mine, I'd feel very comfortable saying that it was "assumed to be a 1936".

Back