When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Year of This Sweet Little Old Gal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Brian

Finally riding a big boys bike
I ran across this old 24” girls bike a few days ago and just had to bring it home with me. I don’t have many ladies bikes so I thought this would be a nice one to add.
I’m not the best at solving the year of prewar Rollfast serial numbers so I could use some help here. By the way, I’m not the guilty one that scraped so much of the paint away from the serial number. Someone prior to me must have been curious as well. The number is N8208 with A10 above the number.
The bike seems completely original with its wooden /steel clad rims and single tube “United States 76 Giant Chain Treads”
This one is going to clean up nice!

I originally said that it all seems original but the pedals have been replaced

Looks like someone put a Rollfast badge on a 1934–M Westfield; oops, or 1935–N.

Might have had ~2+1/4” vertical badge holes covered up by the Rollfast badge?
Interesting! I bet you are right. Now the serial number makes since. I will try to check this tomorrow evening and get back with you in regards to the badge.

Looks like someone put a Rollfast badge on a 1934–M Westfield; oops, or 1935–N.

Might have had ~2+1/4” vertical badge holes covered up by the Rollfast badge?
Ok,..so I removed the badge and no visible vertical holes but I have determined that there was a perfect oval shape badge on it before according to the visible paint fading. The Rollfast badge has apparently been on it for quite a few years but beyond the outline of it you can see a different oval outline.
The Morrow hub did not show any sort of date code as it seemingly had no stamping on it at all. It may show up after a good cleaning.

Nice bike.
Those horizontal holes are usually more difficult to match; maybe the bike sported an oval-shaped Montgomery Ward Hawthorne badge?
Looks like it should clean up nice.

Last edited:
Nice bike.
Those horizontal holes are usually more difficult to match; maybe the bike sported an oval-shaped Montgomery Ward Hawthorne badge?
Looks like it should clean up nice.
I agree, it does look like an oval Hawthorne badge that was there originally. I may have one from another Hawthorne bike from that era that I can try. If that fits properly then I will be on the hunt for a proper one to put on it as I know I don’t have any extras.
Thanks as you are always a tremendous help to so many of us here.

Back