When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Years the Schwinn Deluxe American were made? 1961 to ??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
image.png
GT is right 65 was the last year for Americans but 64 was the last year for the Deluxe Americans. 62 was the first year for the Deluxes. What info are you looking for?
I'm curious about one I just bought. Mfg 10/26/61. American with springs

Here I here is my '64, I also had a nice '63 . Sold it at Iron Ranch. The '63 has a front light and no front rack. One nice thing about these models is that the tanks are painted white, not the bike color like the Mark V . So a tank from a blue bike is interchangeable with red bike , if you have a nice bike without a tank. I love these Slimline Schwinns!
20150712_141350.jpg
20130525_123802.jpg

GT is right 65 was the last year for Americans but 64 was the last year for the Deluxe Americans. 62 was the first year for the Deluxes. What info are you looking for?
I have a Schwinn Delux American that I got for my birthday in 1962. I cant make out the entire serial number but the first letter is K and that doesnt match production numbers that I saw. According to production listing, this bike would have been built in the month of October but I got it in August. Therefore, I assumed it was built in 1961 for me to get it in August of 1962. I was very interested in your statement that the Delux American was first produced in 1962. Where can I get more information on my bike?

A K15XXXX serial could very well be on a bike made for the 1962 model year. SN date has nothing to do with the actual build date of a bike. Try to get the full serial number.

I have a Schwinn Delux American that I got for my birthday in 1962. I cant make out the entire serial number but the first letter is K and that doesnt match production numbers that I saw. According to production listing, this bike would have been built in the month of October but I got it in August. Therefore, I assumed it was built in 1961 for me to get it in August of 1962. I was very interested in your statement that the Delux American was first produced in 1962. Where can I get more information on my bike?

A K15XXXX serial could very well be on a bike made for the 1962 model year. SN date has nothing to do with the actual build date of a bike. Try to get the full serial number.
Most of the serial number must be worn off. Only the K and a 191 with missing numbers between. Would parts made for bikes during this 1962-1965 time frame be the same? I am missing the rear reflector and would like to keep it aithentic with replacement parts.

Back