When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yellow band kick back

-

Rivnut

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I found this on the local CL and thought it would be cool on one of my middleweight Schwinns. When I picked it up, I realized it was not an S7 rim. It's narrower, doesn't have the same profile, and has much thicker spokes. Can anyone tell me what this might fit? Plans now are to lace the hub to a rim that I have UNLESS it's something unique that someone could use as is.

Thank in advance,
Ed
IMG_20190709_110619729.jpg

IMG_20190709_110614773.jpg

S-5, or S-6 probably, count the spokes than lace up to your favorite hoop! Good luck, those hubs are cool!

Rim looks Huffyish. Schwinn wasn't the only bikes to have the 2 speed hubs. Might've come off a tandem with the heavy spokes.

Well my hopes have been smashed. I took a really good look at the hub last night and found out that because of the spoke size (7/64" using my drill bit gauge) and the size of the holes in the hub for the spokes (1/8" using a drill bit) I'm not going to be able to lace this hub to the S-7 rim that I have. The rim itself is 1-1/4" wide, it's exactly the same diameter as an S-2 wheel, and I did mount a 26 x 2.125 tire on it. It's the only tire I had was wasn't for an S-7 rim.

So I'm going to sell it. Here's my question. Would the complete wheel or just the hub have a bigger market?

"HD Bendix yellow band coaster brake" ???? $$$$

Thanks,
Ed

Back