When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yellowed Plastic Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Phattiremike

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I picked up a very nice delta strato light the plastic top has yellowed, any tips on getting it white again without painting?
Any cleaning tips would appreciated.

Thanks Mike

Sand and then polish is the only way I know of. I doubt any of the plastic headlight lens cleaners would be worth the effort or the cost.

I can try that on the inside of the top to see if it works. I'll wait to see if anyone else chimes in on this topic.

Thanks - Mike

GT's suggestion of sanding will work.

Painting it using automotive interior prep and paint will work too.

Also, try a heat gun. I know it sounds crazy, but it worked on the rear door panels of my Dodge. Some gentle heat from my dad's model airplane covering gun caused the pigments to rise to the top of the panel.

it will be difficult to sand, paintings a no brainer but was hoping a solution of sorts would go the trick without paint.
Thanks for the heat gun tip.

Some plastics will turn yellow with age even when not exposed to the UV rays. If the inside is also yellow, then this is the case. I know Goof Off will have some effect on some plastics and it might be worth a try on the inside of the light for a taste test. Maybe start off with a Q-tip dipped in the poison.

I have used magic erase sponge pads with great success cleaning yellowed 60s Schwinn plastic Speedos. I found a very small amount of 3M rubbing compound added enough delicate lubrication to get things moving. Makes lenses look new too. Peace.

Great tip Pantmaker that's what I'll try before a paint job. Also great to know about lens as well.

Thanks Mike

Back