When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yep, I bought it but not sure why

-
ACw serial numbers were used for approximately two years, from around the beginning of 1950 through the end of 1951. Cw serial number suffixes appear on bicycles built by CWC in 1949 and 52Cw serial numbers began in 1952. In the two years that the ACw serial numbers were used, the serial number itself progressed alpha-numerically from A00001 to (theoretically) J99999. The range I have currently recorded begins with A08902 ACw and runs to J46077 ACw with all the letters from A through J (excluding the letter I) being represented.

Apportioning the ACw serial numbers used over the two years they were in production suggests your bike was made in late 1951.

The rims with the fluted edge were developed by CWC for their bicycle line in 1947-48. The rectangular cross-section was advertised as allowing 14 cu. in. more air volume than standard drop center rims for a more cushioned ride.

Last edited:
Back