When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another Japanese mystery bike.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

guzziworksman

Finally riding a big boys bike
Just got a second Japanese bike - and I can find no info on it. The tiny type on the head badge reads "NISHNIPPON BICYCLE CO. LTD".
As you can see - the large type is "GOLD STAR". I haven't cleaned it yet, so I can't spot any decals. The chain guard has "New Made Cycle" embossed into it. The tires - look original, to me - read 26 X 1 3/8 and Nippon-Rikey Rubber Co. LTD. There's nomenclature on the sides of the saddle, but so far I can't make it out. Anyone have any clues, here? Thanks.

-----

the cycle's band type drum brake is likely an ARAI product

some of their products came through marked as CHAIR

-----

That’ll be a fun project. I bet it cleans up relay ‘superlatively’!
My brain hurts!.and I like it...’Nomenclature’
Thanks for pulling out the big word.

Does anyone know why there's very carefully-applied tape on the downtubes...and also on the handlebar stem and seat stem (not pictured)? It looks factory, because of its very even wrap.

I doubt the tape is factory, looks like they went right over a sticker or badge on the seatmast. Personally, I'd remove it to see whats hiding underneath...

'way too scared to try peeling it off. It looks firmly applied - and I figure it would lift whatever's underneath it. Just makes no sense it's there. Maybe if I ever get a picture of another just like it, to give me an indication of what's going on/what's u dr the tape.

Old electrical tape can be removed usually. Pick at the end to see how hard it is sticking. Sometimes a little bit of hair dryer will soften it up and keep peeling.
GO SLOW. Probably was put there for grabbing. Not original for sure. Good luck. It might take a while!

Tape update: It peeled away like nothin'. Left adhesive residue behind, that'll clean off somehow. Very thin red pin striping was revealed, along with a nice little Gold Star badge on the seat/frame downtime. So - thanks for the encouragement!

Back