When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another Japanese mystery bike.

-

guzziworksman

Finally riding a big boys bike
Just got a second Japanese bike - and I can find no info on it. The tiny type on the head badge reads "NISHNIPPON BICYCLE CO. LTD".
As you can see - the large type is "GOLD STAR". I haven't cleaned it yet, so I can't spot any decals. The chain guard has "New Made Cycle" embossed into it. The tires - look original, to me - read 26 X 1 3/8 and Nippon-Rikey Rubber Co. LTD. There's nomenclature on the sides of the saddle, but so far I can't make it out. Anyone have any clues, here? Thanks.

-----

the cycle's band type drum brake is likely an ARAI product

some of their products came through marked as CHAIR

-----

That’ll be a fun project. I bet it cleans up relay ‘superlatively’!
My brain hurts!.and I like it...’Nomenclature’
Thanks for pulling out the big word.

Does anyone know why there's very carefully-applied tape on the downtubes...and also on the handlebar stem and seat stem (not pictured)? It looks factory, because of its very even wrap.

I doubt the tape is factory, looks like they went right over a sticker or badge on the seatmast. Personally, I'd remove it to see whats hiding underneath...

'way too scared to try peeling it off. It looks firmly applied - and I figure it would lift whatever's underneath it. Just makes no sense it's there. Maybe if I ever get a picture of another just like it, to give me an indication of what's going on/what's u dr the tape.

Old electrical tape can be removed usually. Pick at the end to see how hard it is sticking. Sometimes a little bit of hair dryer will soften it up and keep peeling.
GO SLOW. Probably was put there for grabbing. Not original for sure. Good luck. It might take a while!

Tape update: It peeled away like nothin'. Left adhesive residue behind, that'll clean off somehow. Very thin red pin striping was revealed, along with a nice little Gold Star badge on the seat/frame downtime. So - thanks for the encouragement!

Back