When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet Another Mead Crusader

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Demzie

Wore out three sets of tires already!
received_299748797282890.jpeg

received_327945131272566.jpeg

received_354078485330458.jpeg

received_683966745305770.jpeg

received_161995341413459.jpeg

Needless to say it's mix and match with some odds and ends.

My questions are these:
Whats Original
What's era correct
What YEAR is this model?
Is there any value to it?

Thanks Fellas
Flying Zombie

received_290813424880737.jpeg

Do you suppose the rest is correct? Paint and all?
The reflector on the rear stay, license,. Bell., I added those of course.

It looks like it's been repainted. I think the reflector would've been mounted in a different spot. Not sure what reflector it should have. Although the fenders have a few extra holes, I think they're correct.

The rear fender braces look like they came from a girls bike. They have the open spot for the lacing that kept the girls skirts out of the spokes.

I find this subject very interesting, because I just recently bought a couple bikes like yours. Mine are Schwinn built. Yours could be? Although those forks don't look like Schwinn, I've seen them on Mead bicycles that were Schwinn built. Mead used several different bicycle suppliers and mixed the parts together sometimes while assembling them. I found this to be especially true around the War years, when parts were scarce. Barry

Ya know, Barn., You're a wealth of knowledge if not in certainty, then at the very least in thought filled perspective.

I had wondered about the braces, being as white as they are in contrast to the rest of the bike particularly. Certainly not correct but at least within relative period, so expecting that, I'm not too bummed.

The fender reflector I may have added quite a while back too, though I don't recall for sure, either way, I think I'll end up replacing it with a tombstone Persons .331

The repaint proposal, I'm not sure sure about. At the time, I know they were at times painting the whole frame a base color then overlapping with the strikes or stripes which I guess makes sense to keep the coats looking clean instead of trying to do them edge to edge.

I'll see where it stands after a little Mineral Spirits.
I have had a few propose it could be Schwinn with the likelihood of being a '33., Of certainty I have none, but it feels good to hear pre-'35 on it.

Wonder how hard it'd ve to find a halfway decent dropstand in similar shape.

@locomotion , Ive been told these are a little less common than the 28",. Sort of a middle period bike between the TOC and tanker stuff rounding the deco details on vented front ends, springer forks and the like.

I really like that it's Ballooner in the ease of finding parts easier abd more affordable with basics like tires, spokes etc.,

It'd probably be a small fortune to do a full restore on this, which doesn't bother me a bit. I like it's crust and the comfort to mix and match on it without concern for doing wrong or adding a bad match for the make or era., Its not perfect but I also won't be afraid to ride it.
Oncoming for it will be a few parts I've stocked up on.
IMG_20180930_140551.jpg

IMG_20180930_140324.jpg

received_269536433767840.jpeg

The American Flyer basically came to me as a parts bike due to really badly bent forks and some repaint. So the bars are going on the Crusader to replace it's originals that the cross brace has either rotted out from or been bent out.,
The siren I just love and the lamp being earlier, I just think is great candy for the fork leg.
The tire bell thats pictured on the Crusaders pictures at the top will likely be put on something else, and with a chain this time over a shoelace.

Back