When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet Another Mead Crusader

-
Chromium plated forks?
dazzling chromium”
Ad 1932 Mead Ranger (red) 2.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps not.
Ad was from Westfield-built Mead years, picturing small frame 3.5" head tube.
Yours is tall frame 5" head tube, unusual truss fork, and wide for balloon tires.

received_497235107451362.jpeg

This was taken just the other night after switching bars (both because these had the crassbrace still in them where the others had the brace missing but the holes fit for one and the stem prior to this was busted in half within the head tube where the stem splits to widen after accepting the plunger style wedge when pulled up by the pin) naturally, I kept the OG bars in the event I happen on the right crassbrace inserted bar one day..

Note the striping somewhat visible on the fork. I suspect the fork may have the original paint in red with white striping where the body has been touched up as the flatcut white strikes on the frame to detail it do Not end in clean lines but rather choppy.

Out of curiosity, would the serial number help at ALL with make/year based in nmbers themselves or the font they're in? Maybe the number of digits or placement?

If it is a Schwinn, it may have a 6-digit serial number. Schwinn had a fire and lost their paper records.
Perhaps the community at the Schwinn forum (on the CABE site) may help re-engineer your serial number.
Some Meads may also have a smaller number stamped near the bottom bracket joint to the down tube.

Back