When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another Phantom thread. A '51 to be exact.

-
If anyone wants to do some horse-trading for a correct 4 hole rack for the 51 I have things to offer. The one below is one such item....

If anyone wants to do some horse-trading for a correct 4 hole rack for the 51 I have things to offer. The one below is one such item....

Well, thanks to an another awesome Caber and my supportive wife....(Lol) a correct, original-paint rear rack is on its way to me.
This beautiful survivor bike is finally one huge step closer to being correct and classy as it always deserved to be.

Well, one more step forward!!
Original paint rack and light showed up today and i couldnt resist installing it. Still need to find an original seat, remove the red on the light housing and clean the front fender better.
I have a better set of S2’s im gonna have laced up for the final product.
Pardon the old tires, i dont like bikes sitting on bare rims.

059E32DF-1143-4BF9-8175-F239CD175925.jpeg

0D7DCAAB-C518-4895-8153-0D307A6227D2.jpeg

Well....last night I got frustrated and decided "its time to ride this thing!!" So I borrowed the wheelset and seat from my project 50 autocycle, threw it on and hit the road! It was amazing being able to defy the odds and almost complete a Phantom using only original paint parts and do it for a total that's well under market for a complete survivor phantom.
Totally forgot to mentioned I managed to land a correct, original paint black front light housing!

Once they are ready, the correct S2 wheelset will go on along with a correct seat when I find one and this stuff will go back on my 50AC. haha

51p.jpg

Your hardware on top of your fork is not correct. Top of frame doesn't have a cup on Phantoms. It has an internal bushing. Adjustable cone is a large nut that goes over top of frame. It's not that big of a deal and I'm not trying to nit-pick you but if you want original.... Both of OZ1972's bikes in the post above mine have the correct hardware. Gary

Your hardware on top of your fork is not correct. Top of frame doesn't have a cup on Phantoms. It has an internal bushing. Adjustable cone is a large nut that goes over top of frame. It's not that big of a deal and I'm not trying to nit-pick you but if you want original.... Both of OZ1972's bikes in the post above mine have the correct hardware. Gary
Yeah....slowly but surely. haha

Back