When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another request for ID...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

markmdz

On Training Wheels
Hi All, this afternoon I happened upon this rust pile that was discarded and left for dead. I have no clue what I'm going to do with it yet, but I couldn't leave it behind.

Any clue what it is? Sadly, the headbadge is missing. The rear reflector is missing, and it appears that something is missing from the front fender, but I have no clue what just yet. There's a very strange riv-nut looking thing on the front fender just ahead of the fork. No clue what that's for. There's also a series of holes along the edge of the rear fender on both sides, almost indicating there was a piece of trim of some sort.

Amazingly, the tires are both somewhat decent and the tubes both still hold air.

Any help ID'ing this rusty gem would be greatly appreciated. There's plenty more pics where these came from. The serial number seems to be stamped on the seat mast and starts with 59 (I think).

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Those holes on the rear fender are the skirt guard holes. I think you might of found a gem there, flat fender braces, rain gutter fenders, cool rear rack, looks like clad rims, I'm sure others will chime in that are smarter than me.

I have to say, I think you nailed it! 1941 Iver Johnson Super Twin Loop Roadster Model 86W. I'm sure to remember that nice short name.

I have no clue how you did that, but it's spot on aside from this one missing the panel between the twin downtubes, and the cream and brown being painted over (there's a hint of what looks like cream under the blue) unless this is the factory blue with white~ish primer under the blue.

The only hesitation I have to say 100% is what looks like chrome on the top of the fork crown in this catalog picture. I don't know how they would have chromed only the crown on this one, unless I'm missing some sort of trim piece on the crown or I'm just seeing things in the catalog picture.

I have to say, I think you nailed it! 1941 Iver Johnson Super Twin Loop Roadster Model 86W. I'm sure to remember that nice short name.

I have no clue how you did that, but it's spot on aside from this one missing the panel between the twin downtubes, and the cream and brown being painted over (there's a hint of what looks like cream under the blue) unless this is the factory blue with white~ish primer under the blue.

The only hesitation I have to say 100% is what looks like chrome on the top of the fork crown in this catalog picture. I don't know how they would have chromed only the crown on this one, unless I'm missing some sort of trim piece on the crown or I'm just seeing things in the catalog picture.
Yes, it's missing the tank and Delta Hornlite. I've seen them in blue and red myself. Most Ivers have plated forks/crowns.

Last edited:
Back