When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another Spaceliner question. Did they...?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jpromo

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Was there ever a painted frame with a white 7 tank? I have a red painted bike with tabs for the 7 tank and I just picked up a tank for it.

The tank was previously red but has faded to nearly all white. I know the painted straight tanks were white but all I've seen for painted 7's is a red tank. I would much rather paint mine white than to try and color match the red, especially on my heavily patina'd bike. Thanks! Catalog pages would be very helpful if they did this scheme.

The late model (1966-68) painted Spaceliners came with a red tank only (Men's Model# 46305), just like this one. Check your serial number and verify that digits 4-9 match that number. The 10th digit should be 1 to indicate it is the new-style bike, versus the original style (1964-65) which has a 0 as the 10th digit.

4730289050_5ba2b7248a_b.jpg

It was never shown in color in any of the catalogs, but you can see in this B&W catalog image (from its introduction in late 1965) that the tank obviously isn't white and looks like it matches the frame color (center of page).

1965_SearsFall&Winter_Page501.jpg

Last edited:
Back