When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You always remember your first time... 1916 Iver Roadster

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
You asked about dating your Morrow hub. In 1917, the clutch parts in the hub were changed to finer teeth. This change lasted, so depending upon the teeth you can tell if it is from before 17 or after. The other internal parts in the hub did not change.

You asked about dating your Morrow hub. In 1917, the clutch parts in the hub were changed to finer teeth. This change lasted, so depending upon the teeth you can tell if it is from before 17 or after. The other internal parts in the hub did not change.
Thats good to know. The one on the bike is laced to original hoops so I assume it's pre 1917... haven't had it apart. I bought another set of hubs to build wheels to ride and it's pre date code as well. Be interesting to see what the teeth look like. I'm thinking it's 20's

Honestly I thought it was a little bit older given serial number is 261xxx but if you look at the 1915 vs the 1916 catalogs the truss on my connects directly to top tube with a full nickel fork. In 1915 the roadster had the truss connected to top tube by a small piece of tubing. This was pointed out by @Handyman. If the 300,000th bike was produced in 1916 as per serial chart mine was probably early 1916.

Back