When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You be the jury!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

WHAT SHOULD BE THE FATE OF THE SKYRIDER?

• Total voters

partsguy

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
This happened last week, but nothing changed. I never had the chance to post. I'll get pics soon as always.

A bicycle buyer of mine who was local called me up and said he got AMF Roadmaster Skyrider and will sell it to me for $20. I thought he meant a ten-speed or something. He said it as a headlight tank and rack, nice paint, and I said sure. He brought it over and I bought it.

Date is unknown, nothing was stamped on the crank. The tank is nice, and it works, chrome is good but needs polished, paint is nice. It is a 24" with original white wall tires.

BAD NEWS:

A mount on the rack is broken and it will need to be welded back on. Fenders are missing, the Messinger saddle is period correct, but not correct for the bike. Both rims need retrued and a spoke is missing on the front wheel. It also a ladies frame. LOTS OF LITTLE THINGS to fix, but would be a really nice Classic for someone.

DONT MAKE ME PARTS OFFERS UNTIL I HAVE MADE UP MY MIND! Thank you.

Last edited:
re sell it as is that will get you the best profit for the least work. get as much from the first person that will come get it from you.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/atq/2048797930.html
this one has been here for a while. its probably a 26 inch. the less time you stare at it, the less attached you will be and you can focus on projects that are on your plate already. keep ball (bike ) rolling.

re sell it as is that will get you the best profit for the least work. get as much from the first person that will come get it from you.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/atq/2048797930.html
this one has been here for a while. its probably a 26 inch. the less time you stare at it, the less attached you will be and you can focus on projects that are on your plate already. keep ball (bike ) rolling.

I had that exact same type of bike, I couldn't get more than 40 bucks off of it then

Have a tie!

A few reasons why I asked this and I haven't been able to post pics. I just could not decide what to do, so I came to the community here for some input. I have a bad habit of seeing potnetial any little thing that is old shows a sign of life. Second, one camera was way out of focus and the thing was blurry and nothing turned out right, the other just wouldn't come on (I checked batteries). I eventually got one fixed, so here it is....

I hosed it down it didn't turn out too bad, needs minor work. It seems like all the other Skyriders like this I see are missing the tank and rack entirely, but this one is fairly complete.
001-36.gif

002-36.gif

003-33.gif

004-28.gif

Rack is removed, I found a fellow who can fix it for $5 or free.
005-25.gif

I'm about to leave for Kentucky....when I come back, and I have time (which has been spread thin this past couple weeks), I will do something with this thing. I'll be back on Sunday.

Back