When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You Ever Tell Yourself Your Not Going To Buy A Bike....then You Do Anyway?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Went out this afternoon to look at some stuff. All pretty much junk but did score a well patina-ed Murray tank that was perfect for a 1950 bike I have. Went out after dinner saying to my wife as I left , "Going to look at a bike but definitely won't buy it cause he says it's a Schwinn, probably a middle- weight. I'll just tell him what it's worth."
Well turns out the only thing that is Schwinn about it was the handle bars and grips. It's a Manton & Smith with the "Bike Lock" fork......for 80 bucks what else could I do? People bought a house and this bike was laying in the crawl space......for a very long time.:) I just can't help myself.....Should not have taken the truck .
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG

I took a few days off work to come out to philadelphia area to do some antique markets and see a couple baseball games. Flew out so, I told myself no bikes. Of course I saw a piece of rusty gold and that went out the window. At least I have a. Off day to rest and pack up the car load of stuff I bought. Figure the tank and springer will be no problem but I probably will have to toss the frame. Anyone around philly or baltimore who might one it send me a message.

View attachment 310434

WHY NOT BURY IT AND PUT IT OUT OF MISERY?

Just got home and can see the pics on my pc now: that's actually a really cool bike, looks like someone bobbed the fenders back in the day, stoplight rack, some original paint...neat!

....but wait a minit: what's with the chainring?
That chainring is super rare.... there is a crap repop of them, but the og ones don't turn up very often

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Went out this afternoon to look at some stuff. All pretty much junk but did score a well patina-ed Murray tank that was perfect for a 1950 bike I have. Went out after dinner saying to my wife as I left , "Going to look at a bike but definitely won't buy it cause he says it's a Schwinn, probably a middle- weight. I'll just tell him what it's worth."
Well turns out the only thing that is Schwinn about it was the handle bars and grips. It's a Manton & Smith with the "Bike Lock" fork......for 80 bucks what else could I do? People bought a house and this bike was laying in the crawl space......for a very long time.:) I just can't help myself.....Should not have taken the truck .View attachment 310523 View attachment 310524 View attachment 310525

Tinker,
That's a killer Gold Eagle. I have a similar Gold Eagle with the tank,etc. It has the original bars which are braced 26x8 bars. Like most M&S parts they're made by Wald. Schwinn used mainly Torrington braced bars, so likely only the grips were added.

Thanks for the info Cd. I just figured they were Circa '41 Schwinn bars. There is evidence that this bike had the tank at one time. I aint complaining. I got this bike up on the rack already. going to tear it apart, service and clean up this next week. Gosh I love this hobby.........

Back