When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You guys need to explain something to me.

• Thread starter gooseneck tore my sack
  • Start date
#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
When I was a little kid, we still had a "party line." We got a regular phone when I was about 9. One day, the phone started to ring and my Mom just ignored it. I said, "Mom, aren't you going to answer the phone?" She said, "Just because the phone rings doesn't mean I have to answer it."

Mmm..this post made me think..why do i collect old bikes...well let's see , they remind me of simpler times, memories of riding with childhood friends, endless summers ,Kool-Aid,, riding to the swimming pool, first feeling of freedom to go wherever I wanted, learning how to fix my bike, riding with my sweetheart, hanging with my neighbor's (6 boys) ...this all comes back to me every bike I rescue from a rusty, neglected existence to something that is cherished and preserved...maybe doing so will keep me young, at least in my mind.

Mmm..this post made me think..why do i collect old bikes...well let's see , they remind me of simpler times, memories of riding with childhood friends, endless summers ,Kool-Aid,, riding to the swimming pool, first feeling of freedom to go wherever I wanted, learning how to fix my bike, riding with my sweetheart, hanging with my neighbor's (6 boys) ...this all comes back to me every bike I rescue from a rusty, neglected existence to something that is cherished and preserved...maybe doing so will keep me young, at least in my mind.
Fantastic post!!! You summarized many of the reasons a lot of us are into old bikes.

Thank you! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️

It’s like life, it’s the friendships and camaraderie that you enjoy along the way…

1696347005272.jpeg

I collect things

OK when I saw the inquiry as to why the BILaw talked with passion and annoyed sore sack or whatever his handle was, I started to post an angry "how dare you" reply. Then deleted it. No torn sack here, some bruises that I remember from the past, though.
I am a collector and love talking about it to whomever will listen.

There are obesessed collectors and ones in the making. Can't really explain why this disease takes us over but, I'm enjoying my additiction.
My friends and family don't understand it but, that's because it's cold outside and they don't want to ride a bike right now...I ride all mine and can't afford a collection to hang on the wall or display in a shrine. The family will be riding with me soon whether they like it or not. Because I have cool looking bikes......to each his own is my advise, not that anyone is listening.

View attachment 517223
Amen, my bikes are for riding also.

Back