When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You guys need to explain something to me.

• Thread starter gooseneck tore my sack
  • Start date
#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
And here it comes. Someone telling me that I need passion and a hobby. And to kick me off here because I'm wasting everyone's time. I simply came on here to try and understand. I did not ridicule anyone, other than my brother in law. I was not ridiculing your hobby. I was seeking understanding about it and about why my brother in law is the way he is about his bikes. I have passion in my life. But I don't think having passion for something gives you a license to become a snob about it and definitely don't think it is a license for censorship. If I should ever decide to buy an old bike to ride, I will ride it and probably have a lot of fun. I always liked riding when I was a kid, and it fell by the wayside when I got a car. But I definitely won't come back on here to share the bike on here because someone will probably tell me my bike is junk and not special at all. I guess my brother in law isn't alone in his thinking about the way things are supposed to be. We all have thoughts about how things are supposed to be. Didn't realize collectors of things were also given approval and support to think they were better than others.

I am not better than anyone. Just wanted to understand. Now I do. Have a nice day. I won't bother you or your oh so special bikes anymore. And to all of you that offered your opinions and support to help me understand, a great big thank you. It is appreciated.

Let me ask you something gooseneck tore my sack did you have a bike when you were little,I an sensing jealousy here.Talk to your brother in law,Let it out dont be afraid to cry men cry all the time.Go out and buy yourself some nice spandex pants and go bike riding with your brother in law then hug and wash all his bikes. If you send me a self addressed stamped envelope i will send you my bill.

Sounds like your BIL is just a jerk no matter the circumstances,he constantly likes to talk about himself,right? I dont understand why some guys dont ride their bikes,I wouldnt have anything with wheels that couldnt be ridden or driven. Like anything else just take care and dont abuse them.Why keep things that nice for the next guy? My $.02

I can't speak for anybody else, as I quit doing that last week, but the CABE is one of the reasons I love bikes. The help, insight and information that has been shared here, has so much value. (thanks Dr Phil) !!

The people here are really top notch, for the most part. I think that was evident by the fact that it took three pages before someone said anything critical of gooseneck. Even if you don't collect bikes...The CABE is going to find something to like about you.

The Bluebird and the Blackhawk are some of the reasons I named my son Elgin. Funny the Bluebird was mentioned because they do have a grail-like reputation in the hobby, which was mentioned in the first post.

It is a beautiful day here in Montana, seems like spring,I feel like riding an early 30's Moto-Balloon bike because it has air in the tires.

talking it out may help...ha

Dear torn sack,
live and let live brother. Why should you care what he does or doesn't collect. You have that much free time to wonder things of that nature?..says more about you, than him. And please don't think I am belittling your daily concerns,,,its just I am glad you're not my neighbor. You must have more than 1 item of something in you're life. (socks and under ware don't count)..See, you say you show a propensity to collect pez dispensers..well there ya go, explore that, they must have swap meets, web sites , some kinda get together where you show off your latest "find", and talk about the story behind tracking down that elusive HELLO KITTY dispenser, and how you had to trade a batman and robin for it..see...follow your dreams..it may help you understand you'r brother in laws sickness...good luck out there. http://www.pez.com/index.php

Attachments

• pez.jpg
    pez.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
It is a beautiful day!

I just returned home the other night from Seattle...unfortunately I caught a cold while there. The ultimate cure, to go into the garage and work on my bikes today...mmmm, I feeling well already!

Maybe you need to pick up a hobby so you don't have to waste your time ridiculing others hobbies. It's simple, its called a passion, maybe you need to go find something you're passionate about and you will understand. Scott, please remove this guy from the site, he's wasting our time.

Remove him just because he dared to ask an honest question????? You just made me MAD!!!!! This is not a waste of time, this is an honest dialog. It may be a waste of your time, but it certainly isn't a waste of mine!!!!! Stop reading, if indeed it is a waste of YOUR time!!!!!!!! Should I request that Scott remove you for making me mad? I wouldn't dream of it! What's so wrong in being asked to examine why it is that we collect?????

Last edited:
I wonder who your brother in law is because there are a very very very few who collect bikes that seem rude, the one I know of people have talked about before but I am not going to say his name.

Most collectors are great people that even have kids that enjoy a ride on their own and their parents collector bikes, also if you want to know the real snobs who are into bicycles you should go to Yahoo Answers Cycling section because most of them there who answers questions put down any old collectible bikes then say they are not worth anything yet a lot of the ones they say are not are bicycles that everyone here would love to have for the worth $0-$30 those guys say they are then take them to make a great profit on them to spend that money on the bikes that need to be restored & enjoyed for the future collectors that love to save great history from being destroyed.

Those Yahoo Answers guys put down all bikes if it didn't come from a bike shop for $600, $1000 & more, they don't care if a bike comes from a department store then say it's junk even though there are way more people than them that enjoy those Kmart, Walmart & Target bikes which those other guys think they are better because they could afford one of those $1000 bikes seem just like a bunch rich jerks who want to feel better for spending all that money so they do their best to be hurtful & rude to everyone who can't.

I just spent some time reading this thread, and I feel like I've wasted the last five minutes of my life. Let's all get off the computer and ride our bikes. Me included!! And Gooseneck, buy a bike. Ride it and see if you enjoy it. If not, find something else. Life's too short.

Back