When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You guys need to explain something to me.

• Thread starter gooseneck tore my sack
  • Start date
#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
After reading this post I have to admit.I MISS HARVIE!!He raised everyboby's blood pressure.Is this Harvie ??

Huuummm, I think he said he had a Hello Kitty pez dispenser. The FBI would call that a clue..Was nt there a portland guy , went by hello kitty, or something close:D:D
haha..just saying

I'm not his brother in law! i'm Little Richard, Dammit!
Little Richard.jpeg

Last edited:
Rude crude dudes...

I'm not sure if nut sack head is gonna stick around or not, but I LOVE the cabe and all its rant and raving members. Could do with out the Harvie-esk attitudes. We bike people have a special bond and passion for the bicycle. Talking bike never gets old for me. But I have to admit there are other things I like to collect which is why I also like to watch American Pickers...when we watch the show we learn that people collect stuff for various reasons. For some collecting begins at a very young age. There is sometimes no ryhme or reason it just becomes part of our lives.....to collect.....Anytime a bicycle is featured it makes me smile and gives us bike fanatics inspiration and recognition I believe as there is a huge following of the show. Beyond that Bikes will always be collected. And loved. Treasured like a gold nugget because for some of us there is rich history attached to these objects. While other times the thrill of the hunt which is as old as time... becomes an enjoyable part of our lives. Some of you will recall Norman Rockwells painting of the antique collector...I love that painting. I can identify with it. Bike of the 30s 40s 50s have lots of character..they will be appreciated...Even by future generations after they get to ride them. My nine year old girl wants her moms starlet...its a 1955...wait till she sees donald duck shelbys..I think she's on her way ladies and gents. Glad to be here talking good bike talk. Keep the chatter going I say.....even if people don't get it. I get it...my nine year gets it. And so do a chunck of members on this site. Pass the popcorn Miss Belle...

Last edited:
My thoughts

It has been my experience that those who do not collect most often think that the collections of others are juvenile. I am not a bicycle collector (I can’t afford to be), but I am very envious of a lot of these folks that do have very impressive collections. Even more than the collections I am impressed with the amount of research and knowledge that these collectors have acquired.
I am a lifelong collector of many odd things and understand the sickness well. Most collections start with a fond memory or interest and as knowledge and understanding of the subject matter grows so does the collection. Some collect for the investment only (which is good also). But most people collect simply because it makes them happy. And then there is the thrill of the hunt. I would venture to say that a lot of collectors would be treasure hunters if times and circumstances where different.
It is either something that you get or you don’t. But the big thing is, why knock a harmless hobby that makes someone happy just because you don’t get it?

JimK

Back