When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You Have To Read This Book!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Larmo63

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I just finished "Major Taylor" by Andrew Ritchie.

I bought a $13.00 used copy off of Amazon......

You won't regret reading this book, I guarantee it.

Yes, excellent book. Well researched and written. Always wondered why there was never a movie made about Taylor. He certainly had an interesting life. I would think Hollywood would be all over his story. Back in the early 90s there was a made for (Australian) TV movie made about his time racing in Australia. Great racing scenes where he is harassed and terrorized by white riders. The title is "Tracks of Glory" and is very hard to find.

Actually there is supposedly a movie in production. Or pre-production. Based on Ritchie's book.

Link to website is below. Who knows if it will ever get made, but it could seriously be a great movie if they work hard at it. I actually emailed the producers and said, "don't screw it up." But I didn't hear back.

http://www.majorthemovie.com/

and have the sound on when you visit the website. Music is on there, and it fits nicely.

I agree the book is amazing and a move (done properly) would be EPIC!!!
One has to wonder why Major Taylor is not a household name...

Actually there is supposedly a movie in production. Or pre-production. Based on Ritchie's book.

Link to website is below. Who knows if it will ever get made, but it could seriously be a great movie if they work hard at it. I actually emailed the producers and said, "don't screw it up." But I didn't hear back.

http://www.majorthemovie.com/

That site has been up for at least two years but without any updates. I doubt it will ever get made. I don't understand why they don't approach someone like Oprah who could easily fund the entire project, she used to hand out thousands of dollars worth of stuff to everyone in the audience at her show. I guess not enough people with the capital to make it happen care about his story. Very sad.

Back