When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You know that feeling?

-

1966fastbacks

Finally riding a big boys bike
The feeling you get when you finish cleaning up an old rust bucket or making half a bike into a whole bike.
I like that feeling.
Still needs help and the correct rear wheel is in the mail but..........
s-l1600.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0867.JPG

Yes, I know that feeling.... I have a fully restored '75 Stingray awaiting reassembly....a close to new '75 Typhoon awaiting a disassembly, maintenance and clean-up.
A black '67 Stingray Fastback, '70 Campus fenderless 5-spd Stingray and a '59 Spitfire sitting quietly in bicycle boxes awaiting their turn.
I have a Town & Country and a Breeze , both in tattered shape looking at me with those sad eyes....
I currently have a '78 Stingray in pieces (too nice to restore) and a '62 American scattered all over the basement floor....all the chrome brought back to life....the broken parts repaired and the unsaveable replaced.....all awaiting the frame back from paint....((something about a glossy black Schwinn with deep chrome and white accents (don't know what it is, but it is.....))
Yes, I guess I feel a sense of accomplishment when a finished "oldie" can stand on its' own kickstand and smile that smile of revived newness.
I once heard a fellow biker say that people like us have a responsibility for the preservation of history and by what ever draws each of us for whatever reason(s) accomplishes that goal....

Yes, I know that feeling.... I have a fully restored '75 Stingray awaiting reassembly....a close to new '75 Typhoon awaiting a disassembly, maintenance and clean-up.
A black '67 Stingray Fastback, '70 Campus fenderless 5-spd Stingray and a '59 Spitfire sitting quietly in bicycle boxes awaiting their turn.
I have a Town & Country and a Breeze , both in tattered shape looking at me with those sad eyes....
I currently have a '78 Stingray in pieces (too nice to restore) and a '62 American scattered all over the basement floor....all the chrome brought back to life....the broken parts repaired and the unsaveable replaced.....all awaiting the frame back from paint....((something about a glossy black Schwinn with deep chrome and white accents (don't know what it is, but it is.....))
Yes, I guess I feel a sense of accomplishment when a finished "oldie" can stand on its' own kickstand and smile that smile of revived newness.
I once heard a fellow biker say that people like us have a responsibility for the preservation of history and by what ever draws each of us for whatever reason(s) accomplishes that goal....
I had no idea that i had a twin brother living in the great lakes area. I hear ya. 30 bikes in each bedroom, 15 in the garage, 6 in the dinning room and one in the kitchen. And 2 waiting for chrome in the bike room. Violet is my favorite color but there is something about black/white and chrome.
IMG_0848.JPG

Back