When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You know what is really a shame in this day and time?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ask a blacksmith working on horseshoes back in the day....

When cars were new....im sure blacksmiths had to grapple with this issue..move over horseys...im afraid we cant turn back time but at least we all the the right to bitch to the man....

It doesn't matter what the cost to provide these services,

Thank you for a point perfect example of idiot compassion.

JWM

WOW this is..something

I have a 30 year old daughter born with spina bifida, She watches this new show called Push girls and dreams of geting around like them . But She can't, She does not have the flexablility after the taitainium rod fusion operation dun 5 years ago. I understand, some folks just do not see.
Until they are in a situation.
Mitch

A Very Well deserved run over... Get out the way you self important dopes.

MagicRat,

Surprised to see you posting on a political thread again... especially after what happened last time:

[video=youtube_share;cAd3ALa--gg]http://youtu.be/cAd3ALa--gg[/video]

Squirrels are rats after all.

I actually like Ron Paul but worry that all that slashing will take it's toll on the infrastructure. We need good roads and sidewalks for safety and because we are a civilized society and should be able to not only feed every hungry stomach in the world, but give equal access to basic services like being able to get groceries without being run over.

There should be a balance of what government provides and at what levels. But maybe Ron has it right and it should be a state and local government that is responsible for the infrastructure. But I see that as splitting this country into even deeper and more extreme levels of services provided. In that case, the more liberal states and cities will have an influx of large groups of disenfranchised citizens needing basic services. Meanwhile in the more conservative states and cities you will have an increase of building more isolationist homesteads that resemble compounds and retreat to a stronghold, defense oriented, bunker mentality. Where as long as your county or city has good sidewalks, who cares if the next county over is in shambles.

Last edited:
there is money and programs, check it out

Have you ever enjoyed a nice, invigorating bike ride on a scenic rail-trail or rolling section of singletrack? Do you wish you had more trails like this closer to where you live or work? If you answered yes, then you will want to take action today.

State Governors are now allowed to opt out of receiving funding for these trails (through a program called Recreational Trails), due to a change in the recently updated federal transportation bill.

We’re contacting you because there’s a chance your Governor may refuse to receive this funding for recreational trails in your state—trails that boost local economies, keep people active, and enhance your personal health and well-being.

We are working with our partners the International Mountain Bicycling Association and the Coalition for Recreational Trails to make sure your state doesn't lose these critical trail funds. Please take a moment to send a strong message to your Governor to protect these trails using this easy form. The deadline for Governors to opt out is September 1, so your quick response is needed.

ACT NOW TO SAVE RECREATIONAL TRAIL FUNDING IN YOUR STATE!

Thanks for your quick action,

Tim Blumenthal, PeopleForBikes.org

PeopleForBikes.org

This organization helps people contact the correct government official to help them make the right decision. They send you a pre-written letter to your congressmen or whomever needs to be contacted to state your opinion. They also have space at the end of their form to add your own thoughts.

It is an organization all bike enthusists should take a look at joining to make their voice heard with the government.

Squirrels are rats after all.

And Chicago is a War Zone.

MORE money will fix that...right?

Tell your story walking.

And Chicago is a War Zone. MORE money will fix that...right?

Not handout money, but jobs would help. I worked alongside the Longshoreman workers of Chicago and NW Indiana for most of the 90's. About 98% were African American and most were over 50 yrs old with some old timers in their 70's... and they worked their ass off too. Many came from the deep south in the 60's because there were jobs and an opportunity they didn't have where they came from. I'm not a big fan of Public Aid as it is currently set up as there is no incentive to find work if the government is just going to hand money out... even if it means living in poverty. What we need are jobs. Public aid should be tied to at least some type of work to help rebuild some of those desolate neighborhoods that have become war zones. War zones that my Dad worked in as a Chicago Firefighter and my family that currently are CPD.

So to answer your question... "MORE money will fix that?" Yes. Money from JOBS! Jobs that come from companies that invest in this country instead of overseas.

Johann, Thanks for the links and info.

Well I see the Squirrel Chucker didn't work so I think we need a new tactic. This product looks promising: http://www.mcphee.com/shop/products/Big-Head-Squirrel-Feeder.html

"...you'll be able to feed and humiliate squirrels at the same time..." "Perfect for birdwatchers, dads or anyone else who thinks squirrels should be taken down a peg or two."

123251__65854_zoom-1.jpg

Back