When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You Know You Have Too Much Bike Stuff When...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
.....when you buy a frame on ebay & make the build happen with spare parts that week.... My rider built for the New Belgium Brewery Tour de Fat San Diego 2016 last weekend & it will be my rider this Sunday @ the Cyclone Coaster Sunday ride too ...Ride Vintage - Frank
image.jpeg

when you have to send a bike to where you work.Then tell you employer its part of my job.Oh ,,the boxes are Playground Equipment.Then explain to her, at Town Hall ,Its a bike!And Thank goodness she knows my problem,She knows me ,And loves the fact that I collect bikes.And she knows my wife also.So I guess when you have to much bike stuff, is when you have to know when your bank statement comes in the mail!Now all I gotta do is Wait for the 1936 Columbia to show up at work,then let it sit for a month or two ,then slide it into the other bikes in (our) fleet and call it a day .AT THE SAME TIME SHE HAS MORE STREET WISE THEN I DO ,AND IM THE NEW YORKER!! I think its best to place it in the far corner,Of our shop,and say that bike has been their a long time !And when its all said and done, Ill tell her the fact to the matter!And I will hear it like it was yesterday!So,, just then ,ya all thought your problems had problems.Well thats mine ! And keep that between us, now hear!!

Cool bike, what's that sprocket between the chain for?

Santi ... I have been doing this for years .. it's a chain tensioner ... people always trip out on it .. I wanted the red line on the New Belgium Brewery tires to be centered so I dug out this 38 tooth NOS Sugino BMX chainring to make that happen .. old trick .. try it on one of your rides

you seem to have just about anything you need just laying around "somewhere".....

And that is exactly why you buy it when you see it.
If you wait until you need it, you'll never find it.
Having parts in stock is bliss.

As Marty stated .. You buy things when you see them ... I have been buying the rest of this bicycle for many years .. I just didn't know it until I found the frame .. The Fork WAS a chrome ladies fork that I got from Rust Junkie here on the Cabe that I fauxed to match - funky frame dart graphics & all .. the fenders were in a swapmeet a few weeks ago & a friend called & asked if it would be something I might want .. well I just bought the frame & the tips on the fenders were orange & I rubbed the yellow on top of the rusty Ivory with a plastic grocery bag & rubber gloves - a heat gun & some baby powder to dry up any excess moisture ..

I love it when a plan comes together ... it was years in the making - I find goodies here & there - keep them around until the project finds them - then match the items to the project ... hope I can inspire others to keep a lost cause to be a cause & to build it up one more time to ride it once again .. I am not the shiny restored bicycle type .. shiny bicycles look to new to me ... I'd rather patina match all day any day .. Ride Vintage .. Frank

image.jpeg

I went to the Long Beach Vets Stadium swap Sunday on this & added the raccoon tail to it .. Now I need to pass by Joe B's place to pick up the new Hula girl accessory for the bars .... As they say - " it's all in the details" - Ride Vintage - Frank

Back