When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You might say that I'm Neverout of lamps

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bozman

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I admit it I have an addiction with collecting Neverout bicycle lamps. I have 5 in original paint, including one that is NOS with instructions still in it. I've been picking up parts ones to replace broken lenses and have so far repaired 3 that were missing parts or had broken glass. I have 10 WWI Era military models and 3 civilian models, plus 2 parts lamps.

Next step is to build out enough era bike so I have one bike per lamp.

I still need 2 lenses and on brass bottom to have all the military models fully functional.
b2b0bb1b79fbe6d5fffa4b5aecbbe324.jpg
208564f429ee7a9c8653f2f300d4d3e5.jpg
8662523d92c5832dd8b78f5a19d088c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tell us what makes a military model military please.

Hi @bike

Theree are several (at least 4) variations of Neverout Military lamp I can think of. We have no way of knowing how rare or common each is.

I think this is how it is (please correct me if I've made a mistake or missed domething).

Commonly, they are unplated brass, painted either green or black.

The numbers below refer to posts of examples in this topic:

Post #41 The earliest is probably the most difficult to identify. They seem to be off the shelf lamps, just painted green. Because the painting was poor, and because people like polishing brass, most of these have now had the paint removed, and so are impossible to differentiate from civilian brass lamps.

Post #49 The intermediate version has a U.S.A. property mark stamped into the side of the lamp cowl. This is being done by hand to the 'off the shelf' lamps to identify them as US Military.

Post #1 The later version has U.S.A. stamped into the skirt surrounding the oil lamp reservoir. This is part of the manufacturing process, and these are the easiest to identify. They have been noted as being painted green and black too. (see the center and right hand examples in Boz's first photo above)

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Adrian

It’s a very impressive collection Boz. I’ll be sure to keep you in mind should I come across any in my travels.

Just saw your thread on military lamps. I have nearly 100 carbide lamps still to go through that I have not advertised yet. Contact me via phone or my email address below if there's anything in particular you are looking for.
Mike Cates
(760) 473-6201
[email protected]

Back