When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Young guys of the site and their best bike they own

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

slick

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Ok. I thought it would be a great idea to have a thread for the young guys of this site (35 and younger so I qualify) to post up how old you are here as well as a picture of your most valuable/favorite bike or bikes that are in your collection. It was brought to my attention there are quite a few of us on here. Some of which surprised me how young they are! We can do a 35 and over thread also for the rest of you guys if someone wants to start it? So i'll start it off. I'm 35 and these are my 2 favorites. 1938 Speedline Airflow and 1939 Hiawatha Arrow. The Arrow is undergoing a complete resto/color change and the Airflow is getting Deluxed out with all aluminum parts, rack, guard, fluted fenders.
Photo2144smaller-1.jpg

There goes the theory that there are less boys bicycles than girls because girls took better care of them...holds true if the boys bikes are actually thrown away. :)
Chris

Must I pick one? the majority of mine are well...in pieces. I rarely get to work on any bicycle anymore, hence why I'm narrowing the collection down to 4, maybe 6.

Whoo hoo!!! I'm 34 :cool:

Photo0025.jpg

My 1905 Royal Sunbeam

Photo0032.jpg

My wife's 1933 Rudge

Photo0406.jpg

My 1937 Raleigh Police bike (All Weather Tourist with Police mods)

Photo0413.jpg

My wife's 1940 Norman, nearly restored

Photo0393.jpg

My 1950 Norman Light Roadster

Photo0403.jpg

My 1954 Norman

Photo0043.jpg

Our 1956 Raleigh Dawn Tourist - Spare show bike so rarely seen!

But... we also have:-

1914 Humber Gents under restoration (sitting in the living room in bits covered in primer!)
3 New Hudsons - Bought yesterday, being delivered soon, probably for parts but maybe resto
1958 Triumph Racer - Bought recently at auction, good decals but needs recon
1956 Norman Ladies - Resto project
1957 Norman Ladies - Frame only
1958 Norman Ladies - Resto project
1970's Pashley Royal Mail Post Office Bike - Frame only, resto project
2 x late 50's Raleigh ladies bikes, both for parts/resto
1956 Raleigh Gents - Very rough... parts bike
1956 Phillips Gents - Very rough, but has possibilities
2 x BSA Starliners - 1 a frame, the other complete, both parts bikes for Normans

Hmm... think that's it... but probably more that I can't remember ;)

Photo0025.jpg

Photo0032.jpg

Photo0406.jpg

Photo0413.jpg

Photo0393.jpg

Photo0403.jpg

Photo0043.jpg

Oh, and 3 Norman Nippy mopeds... one in bits, two complete missing engine, three complete but needs resto :rolleyes:

So many bikes, so little time...

...a thread for the young guys of this site (35 and younger so I qualify)...

How convenient that you just make the cut off for being a "young guy".

How did you come up with 35 and under as being young. When my Grandpa was 35 he was a middle aged man. For comparisons sake (keeping it with a bike theme) lets see what modern pro cyclists define as "Young"

per Wiki:

...experienced cyclists were not eligible; sometimes by excluding cyclists over a certain age, cyclists who had entered the Tour de France before or cyclists who had been professional for more than two years. In the most recent years, only cyclists below 26 years are eligible.

I think 26 is about right and can even see stretching it out to 30 (with recent video gamers generation later than normal maturation factored in).

And yes, I am just a bitter 44 yr old who wishes he was 35... or younger. :p ... continue posting youngins.

I'm 29 been collecting for about 4 years or so.
1935 Elgin bluebird restored
007-2.jpg

1936 Elgin bluebird
Bluebird009-1.jpg

1940 Elgin 4 star twin bar
5961-1.jpg

1940 Dayton lit big tank
00129-1.jpg

1941 firestone super cruiser
10f40fbf-1.jpg

1940 hiawathA arrow
00214-1.jpg