When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your advice/comments please on this Columbia

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hi Guys can you run your expert eyes over this and tell me is it good please http://auction.oldbike.eu/lots/1918-ww1-columbia-military-model
Then I'll know to bid or not.
Thanks

My non-expert opinion is it is a great bike and I wish I had it in my collection. As to military issue, I think it may be one of the post war military model bikes that the auction mentions. From the handlebar shape it is probably a 1920 as the 21's handle bars were shaped differently. I'm not completely positive but I doubt that they would have put "Military Model" on the badge of a military issue bike. Some of the true WWI bikes were olive and some were reportedly black.

Whether the bike is 1918 or 1920 it is a great bike and well worth the price.

Thanks for posting the response. It seems that a 1918 bicycle wouldn't have a letter before the serial number also which I found from what seems to be your webpage on Columbia serial numbers. Might keep me from making a mistake in the future.

$3,000+

Many thanks - expected to reach selling price of $3,000 - is it still worth bidding for it at around that price?

Many thanks - expected to reach selling price of $3,000 - is it still worth bidding for it at around that price?

It's out of my price range but that amount does not surprise me. Especially if it is a 1918 true military issue. Military collecting is all the rage right now and the fact that this is a "Military Model" regardless of the year along with its condition will bring the cash.

Back