When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Best Bet Is A True Baby Blue Continental.........

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sigh1961

Finally riding a big boys bike
Ok, so it's sky blue, but Billy Joel didn't write a song about sky blue. Just got home with this one owner 1975 Continental. Paint and decals are super clean, has a little bit of surface rust on the chrome. I have to get the rear tire fixed so I can take it for a ride.
20160823_192701_resized.jpg
20160823_192538_resized.jpg
20160823_192439_resized.jpg

I am going to be looking for the matching bar tape, if anyone has some sky blue laying around they want to sell.

I like Sky Blue a lot better than Opaque(Baby) Blue!
Nice find...congrats!
Thanks. I really love the color. The guy I bought it from said he bought it new in 77. The serial number says it was made in 75, so maybe it sat in the Schwinn shop for awhile. Either way, it's mine now! I can't decide whether I should take it apart or try to clean it up without stripping it down. It seems to be so pristine, I hate to disassemble it.

By the decals and components I believe it was built in late '75. It looks to be very original and unmolested, a nice score! It also appears to be a 26" frame, the largest offered at the time, I hope it fits.

By the decals and components I believe it was built in late '75. It looks to be very original and unmolested, a nice score! It also appears to be a 26" frame, the largest offered at the time, I hope it fits.
I'm 6'1", I can stand over it. It's a little close to the jewels, so we will want to avoid sudden stops. For $100 bucks, it was too good to pass up.

That's a clean one. If you plan on riding it I would at least clean and re-grease the bearings. Might as well clean up the chain rings too while the crank is out. ;)
I've been thru quite a few rolls of bar tape over the last few years and I've noticed there is a light and a darker shade of Sky Blue tape. Your Conti's color appears to be in between the old Radiant Blue and the first issue of Sky Blue.

Last edited:
That's a clean one. If you plan on riding it I would at least clean and re-grease the bearings. Might as well clean up the chain rings to while the crank is out. ;)
I've been thru quite a few rolls of bar tape over the last few years and I've noticed there is a light and a darker shade of Sky Blue tape. Your Conti's color appears to be in between the old Radiant Blue and the first issue of Sky Blue.
I think the tape may be a little faded. If I can't find the right color, I can live with what is on there. It is in pretty good shape, a little road rash and some minor small tears by the caps. I have to finish the Breeze I am working on now before I even mess with this one. It will be my winter project. For now, I am going to fix the back tire and ride it while the weather holds out.

Ive come to find that the og tapes in some cases are a lot lighter shade of the replacements of the same color. Not sure if this is fading or what, but on multiple occasions ive found this to be the case.

Back