When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your best bike find ever.

-
One of my better finds recently, and cheap!
IMG_0992.jpg

And this one on Thursday:

Attachments

• 67stingray.jpg
    67stingray.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 367
15 years old cleaning out a garage for an elderly lady. Found a 1973 orange krate in the corner of the garage, she said take! And I got paid for my labor.

You make me sick. I am putting together a '73 Orange and the parts are pricey! Sure wish I could have that kind of luck one day.

Found a picture of my krate shortly after I found it.

Do you still have it? The front fender is interesting. I see the seat got worn out and a different one replaced it. Those original seats are hard to find and pricey. I have see them in nos condition. I fell out of my seat with envy.

Great subject...but my "best" seems to change weekly.

I thought my 1965 Murray Astro Flite was the "best" I would ever find...but, I guess the biggest surprise that might take top billing as the "Best Find" would be the Mead Ranger..but only because of it's value

attachment.php

But, the next closest "Best Find" in my present collection has to be my FireArrow that a member (lrggarage) found for me.

attachment.php

What is the price range of these Murray Astro-Flites? I wouldn't mind getting one. Did they make this in a 24"? My wife needs a neat tank/tank-light bike to ride with us. Thanks.

best bike finds

last year i found both of these on my local cl.first is my 28''shapleigh rugby hardware wood rim motorbike.second is my 1946 bfg badged dx.i really like this one because i have wanted a dx for a while now. these two were bought two days apart while i was on vacation.rob.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_2185.jpg
    IMG_2185.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 339
The price range on these Astro Flites can vary and are all based on condition.
I got the men's one for $375. Value in my opinion is $450-$500....but, that's because it is complete and the frame is very clean. To include the lights front and back. I say complete but, mine is missing the front fender jewel.
Now the girls Astro Flites are easier on the pocket but, that's because it is a girls model. Not any easier to find though. Paid $250 but it was missing a few things. I paid more than I should have but, I had to have it. It is a complete bike now and I would be hard pressed to sell it for less than $400.
But these bikes could be found for about $250. Complete....I'd say a bit more. Hope that helps and of course is only my opinion.

As for the Astro Flite in the 24" size...I have never seen one. But, I'm sure they were available back then.
I know they had 24" Spaceliners so I would guess Murray offered the clones in that size as well.

Last edited:
Here are a couple

I have a lot of really nice finds, but these two stand out.
My 1941, original unrestored Rollfast Deluxe ladies bike,
and my 1934 "Royal Flyer" badged Rollfast...............................Wayne

Attachments

• IMG_0709.JPG
    IMG_0709.JPG
    501.1 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_0707.JPG
    IMG_0707.JPG
    368.7 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_0713.JPG
    IMG_0713.JPG
    526.3 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_5277.JPG
    IMG_5277.JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_5271.JPG
    IMG_5271.JPG
    321.9 KB · Views: 330
A B6 Schwinn

I've only been at the old bike thing a few months, but the '51 B6 I got off of CL is so far my best find.
Schwinn 001.jpg

As found, flat tires, etc.
Various stuff 035.jpg

Almost finished with the clean up. Since this picture, seat redone and finished assembly.

Mike

Back