When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Best score this year?

-
The best part was these Lester Mags. Found them at the Flea Market for $20 who thought they were from a newer Walmart bike when he was talking to another guy about them. Hopefully I can get a 20 inch 80's Murray BMX or a 70's Motocross bike with a rat trap fork.
IMG_20120923_133531_zps1b170010-1.jpg

I count this as my best bike this year because it has the Carlisle Lightning Dart tire on the front. I got it for $10 at a thrift store and the cheapest I ever paid for my bikes.
IMG_20130306_144352_zpsc2add781-1.jpg

IMG_20130306_144623_zps37653b08-1.jpg

Sorry even though it's a car instead of a bike. My 1965 Ford Custom 500 for $800 delivered home and it was my first car score ever so I had to post a pic of it. I was originally getting a 85 Mustang GT hatch back but missed it by two days.
NCM_0068_zpsa21045df-1.jpg

There are a lot of amazing bikes in collections right now that were pulled out of the trash! I know of several Bluebirds that were pulled from dumpsters......

Although I sold it near 30 years ago I bought a bluebird from a junk/antique store for $25.00. The seller told me he had bought it from a picker for $10.00. The picker found it in the garbage. It was near complete and did have the original seat and original paint.

I kept waiting for the flood of Death Bike comments, but it was presented rather casually as merely a twin flex... only the rarest twin flex in the cosmos!:eek:

When he posted it I figured everyone knew what it was so I didn't post a comment lol...

My year was pretty good in my opinion. I have three "scores" that I am most proud of. A 1938 schwinn autocycle/ mead ranger. Its badged as a mead but I think I will put it back to an autocycle. A huge neon sign from a historical shop and a NOS 1951 schwinn 20" deluxe girls bike.
y3y3adud-1.jpg
a5ygegy7-1.jpg
va4upape-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My year was pretty good in my opinion. I have three "scores" that I am most proud of. A 1938 schwinn autocycle/ mead ranger. Its badged as a mead but I think I will put it back to an autocycle. A huge neon sign from a historical shop and a NOS 1951 schwinn 20" deluxe girls bike.
y3y3adud-1.jpg
a5ygegy7-1.jpg
va4upape-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put it back to an autocycle??.. ,it's a mead ranger autocycle though lol.. wouldn't you,have to drill new badge holes?.. My two cents leave it as a mead..unless you have 5 grand worth of AC parts laying around..

I was told that they were badged different and the fender ornament instead of a fender bomb and the front forks were different. A lot of the key parts were missing. Not really sure what I will do with it yet, either way it pretty costly to finish up.

Dat sign...

@ Rusty2wheels "A huge neon sign from a historical shop"

Wow that's amazing! What are you going to do with that, it's massive...

Kris

Back