When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

your bike is here!!

-
And this is why I have given up shipping complete bikes - it isn't worth the hassle.

is this a picture you found somewhere or is there a story behind it?

people like to complain about the various shipping companies and the "gorillas" that work there but in MANY THOUSANDS of shipments from every thing from books to car doors I have only had one item get ruined where I shipped a long piece of stainless trim in a long box rather than a shipping tube. my fault. had another item that never arrived, but I think the guy was just ripping me off since he was from the UK and there as no tracking at that time.

I got a box once, from UPS, that had one of the fork legs of a Twin flex sticking out the side.
They could not explain how it happened.
The last two bikes I had shipped to me, this year, one from FedEx, one from Bike Flights, both had damage done to saddles.
It's a real crap shoot having something shipped.
I know a guy who had a bike sent on the train.
When he went to pick up the bike, the box was empty and the porters were riding it around.

I’ve shipped a lot of bikes and parts and nothing has ever been damaged. On the other hand, I’ve received damaged bikes and parts. Your literally in the hands of the shipper. Putting 60+ pounds of steel in one box and your increasing your chances for failure exponentially. Expecting your box to stay upright or handled with care...nope. Total disassembly, conscientious packing, double cardboard walls and as many boxes as it takes is key. Good luck out there in the shipping jungle. The gorillas are lurking everywhere. ;)

it is more about the idiots packing than any "gorillas". do people think their packages are individually handled one at a time by humans from start to finish?

Three things that are scary when shipped...bicycles, because of the sheer weight getting thrown around...guitars, because of the fragil necks getting bounced around...and vinyl records, because like me you might get one folded in half !

Back