When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your favorite bicycle finds of 2014...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikesnbuses

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
As it has been discussed....Its not a contest..and not just balloon tire bikes.:p This is just a reminder thread that there IS stuff still out there...

aaaaannnnnnd GO!:D

Not taking into consideration best deals, I'm pretty partial to my Crescent and Crusader for this year.

A bike I did not think I would ever own, A Monark Super Deluxe, black and creme.

My favorite find was this - 1961 schwinn panther 3 - it's quickly becoming my favorite bicycle

image_zps0cb07be3-1.jpg

Here's some

Was a good year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 367
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 374
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 375
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 388
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 372
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 389
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 365
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:
I fell into a couple good finds (deals)
Here's a couple "Buy it now" ebay purchases that I was able to beat everyone to.

36 RM.jpg
56d.jpg
20141014_080426.jpg

For me my greatest find of 2014 was.....................a...........................j.........o........b ;) Best bike find was Old Betsy.

Last edited:
Greatest bike find for me were three bikes in a shed in my home town... a complete hex tube silver king, a 51 or so Hawthorne All American, and a really nice orig. batwing higgins Regal Deluxe, full dress w/orig paint and light.... it's the perfect mate to my all orig. ladies Regal... not a bad haul for poking in someone's shed.

Also picked up some great pedals (thanks Darcie & Nick!!) and thanks Rear Facing Drop Out! To me, it's the details that make some bikes great, and pedals are always important.

My best non-bike related find in 2014? A gorgeous, all original paint/interior/drive train 1955 Chevy Nomad wagon in regal turquoise and India ivory. Actual barn find survivor stored covered and on jack stands since 1974....with 87K original miles. So far, it's the only all original 1955 Nomad with orig. paint/interior I have ever seen or heard of. Since they were the first small block V8 in Chevy passenger cars, almost all of them got hot rodded right off the lot, and for years the favorite of customizers & rodders... SO hard to find unmolested. It made my year; I'm a sickly lucky guy. I shot a little video of it when it arrived just to show some friends, and one friend is the head guy at Collectors Weekly, so he posted it! I would have shot much better video had I known, but at least you get to see the car. We call her Maddie. Here is the link to the story & video:

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/art...chevy-nomad-emerges-from-40-year-hibernation/

Links to stories on my 1950 Tatra and 1959 Goggomobil can be seen on the same page if you like those sorts of things; look for the photos at the bottom.

Happy New Year CABE community! I hope 2015 is healthy, happy and prosperous for you all.

Attachments

• BELAIR AT DUSK.jpg
    BELAIR AT DUSK.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
Wow!!! Your nomad is absolutly beautiful. My favorite year for the nomad( and I have a fascination with 55 Chevys anyway) and the best color in my opinion. I grew up riding around in my dads 55 be lair hardtop in turquoise and ivory. The best looking cars ever made. Rob.

Back