When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

your favorite orig paint survivor reconditioned

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
was that brown paint underneath the blue?

Yes the brown was underneath. I couldn't save the cream however as it was a much softer paint and no matter how slow I couldn't save it. So I got it to a certain point so I could still copy the graphics and then repainted the cream and distressed it to match the rest of the bike. V/r Shawn

Diggin this thread! Here's my 36 Schwinn before and after.

Attachments

• DSC_0029.jpg
    DSC_0029.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_0029.jpg
    DSC_0029.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 97
you got skills and patience

you cant rambo that kind of work. and what an amazing transformation. is the older paints laquers or some stronger material so its not affected when taking off the foreign paint on top?

Yes the brown was underneath. I couldn't save the cream however as it was a much softer paint and no matter how slow I couldn't save it. So I got it to a certain point so I could still copy the graphics and then repainted the cream and distressed it to match the rest of the bike. V/r Shawn

oh yah ...WAX

What kind of wax. whats the final step to get a brilliant luster /shine to the old paint without mucking it up.

'70 Apple Krate

She looked bad when I got it, but the paint/chrome looked solid underneath the thin layer of dust and crust.

072912175247-1.jpg

073012143239-1.jpg

Back