When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your first bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

vw00794

Finally riding a big boys bike
So I just found this page in a photo album at my folks house here in Southern California, and it brought back great memories.

It was my first solo ride.

I think I was about 8 years old and while my folks were saying so long to my grandma at the end of the driveway, I went and grabbed up my brother's Schwinn off the lawn, just hopped on and started pedaling with tongue out for concentration of course. That was it. My mom shrieked with delight; and fortunately snapped these photos, before color photography and camera phones... and computers. ha.

I recall sneaking my brother the middle finger as I rode by.... and I still do. It was @ 1976? and I still wear those same type Vans shoes.

POST YOUR FIRST BIKE PHOTOS, OR MEMORIES, AND LETS RE-LIVE PART OF THE VERY REASON WE ARE ON THIS GREAT WEBSITE!!

Enjoy,

Blue

IMG_1882_zps282863ed-1.jpg

Nope I just pushed, jumped on and started pedaling.

Did a couple laps of the driveway.

It was only when I stopped pedaling that I wiped out, didn't know about the coaster brake part... yet.
Do you remember your first time riding.... a bike?

Nope I just pushed, jumped on and started pedaling.

Did a couple laps of the driveway.

It was only when I stopped pedaling that I wiped out, didn't know about the coaster brake part... yet.
Do you remember your first time riding.... a bike?

Yes i do and the same thing happened to me,i was not told how to stop.Just wish i would have been on a girls bike.

In my cousins driveway, we'd just pulled the fenders off of his bike, I remember not knowing how to stop so....I purposely hit a tree!

I can't remember my first bike... But by sixth grade I had a monark springer... It was huge and English three speeds were becoming popular.. More to the point, in my first year of college ( 1966 ) I had a racycle pacemaker and a Columbia high wheeler . While restoring the pacemaker I would ride the 54" around campus an to classes. As an art major no one seemed to be surprised.... I think Blue has an idea where this all ended up.,

My first...

Posted on another thread, but good for here too...
img060.jpg

That's the first, admittedly a trike. First bike? This Schwinn. Probably 1950ish.
img059.jpg
This picture taken before the fenders were removed and the handle bars were turned upside down. That was cool then (we didn't know the word cool either). Went through a few paint jobs too. Was orange with leopard spots just before it was stolen. Bummer! Never did find it.

Mike

My first balloon tire bike

My first balloon tire bike with my younger
brother and family pet in 1948!
HARRY&WES.jpg

My last balloon tire bike at Village Cycle
in August 2013, best of class and show!
20130819_3.jpg

My first real bike was a 20" something around 1963-4. learned to ride in the lawn.... softer when I fell. No $ for camera after buying used bike I guess. We didn't even have a garage. newest car was a 10 yr old 53 Chev.

Back