When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your first bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My first bike was some small, child's balloon tire bike back in the very late 50's early 60's. I used to fly over a plywood ram with it just for fun. I'm sure the rims weren't very straight when I was done with it! For some strange reason, I don't remember what it was........:(
When I got older as a teenager, I always wanted that Schwinn Stingray. I never actually got it. I guess I should have mowed more lawns !! My parents bought me a brand new Sears middleweight that I kept for only a couple of weeks and then promptly traded for a "made up Stingray" made from non-Schwinn parts. A real junker.
When I see these old photo's, a person wonders what ever happened to those bicycles. Did they end up getting trashed along the way, either by garbage pickup, a haul to the dump or were they simply just given away to the neighbors kid or a relative and then eventually stripped apart for that "hot rod" look?? A person wonders....
I've actually gotten quite a few from the original owners from the thirties to recent. "Lucky" if they still have them and are still here to tell the tale.

Blue, I though your first ride would have been on a Racycle! What do I know! ;)

Last edited:
My Super Deluxe X-53 @ Western Auto Store

21bozl2png-1.jpg

Was on sale for $59.99 & was put on the "layaway" plan

2 columbia nos army bikes with wood pedals and big spokes,my Dad bought 2 of em at the war surplus store when they still had real war surplus,10 bucks apiece brand new

Back