When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your homemade gadgets....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I was just curious as to how many of you have fabricated tools or holders or racks etc....to help in the bike projects or hobby you have created.

My one of many gadgets that I have made is a rear and front wheel bench rest

2edy4y8u-1.jpg

This allows me to clean the chromed rims. This PVC sewer fitting has also had a notch cut out for the rear wheel brake arm.
Now all I need to do is figure out a stand for the wheels that are not supported by the axles. Kind of defeats the purpose of removing the axles if it is supported by the axles....duhhhh:rolleyes:

Last edited:
This is our home made gadget.......no crooked wheel has left this trueing stand.

Attachments

• ernie and clouds 003.jpg
    ernie and clouds 003.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 109
  • ernie and clouds 002.jpg
    ernie and clouds 002.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 131
Hauling the collection can be a worrisome travel. Securing your bikes for that bumpy transit can be a damaging endeavor.
I am fortunate to have a trailer as well as the back of the pickup.
I built this PVC bike rack that is designed to fit the trailer and can be broke down to fit the back of the pickup as well. Not glueing the pieces together the sections can be disassembled to fit the desired width needed. About $60 in materials.
I did take the idea from a Google search.

bu8ysyme-1.jpg

ry6yhydu-1.jpg

gyhu6yse-1.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Dave,show us your portable workbench made from your tailgate that also is used for a display shelf and the display rack you make from the hood of your truck.

Since I am not as creative as Dave,I will submit his workbench/display shelf.Dave you are amazing AND creative.
dave_zps9357d86f.gif

Although not as inventive or having the work involved, I use a baby knife with a 90 bend in it (anchoring to the bridge) to remove rear fender screws as it is hard to get a screwdriver to hold with the geometry while loosening the nut on the underside.
Chris

Last edited:
Back