When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Opinion Please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I think I would need to know why you have this bike. if, for example, you bought it to part out then I think it's a terrible way to make a buck... if you bought it for your girlfriend/wife, and she is currently seeing the mailman and you feel you no longer need the bike... or if you bought it for parts to finish your bike...
these reasons impact my perception of why an original paint bike has to be publicly raped.
just my opinion.

Parting out a bike is not my usual MO, but I feel no great love for this bike and was fishing for objective opinions. But it is a good old bike, just not my style, plus they just ain't makin' em like that anymore. Nobody's getting raped here. Frankly, I don't want to part it out as it goes against my grain and it could easily be noted as quite hypocritical. This bike was purchased with every intention of getting it back to the way it was before I removed all the chicken poop and silver paint that covered it. I'm not going to spend anymore money on this bike and have tried locally to sell it in it's present condition many, many times at a reasonable price without even a nibble. I could offer it for sale on the CABE, but with the cost of shipping, I'm sure the result would be the same. I won't sell it at a loss. I can already see the tide in defense of preservation and will most likely follow my conscience and advice so far by continuing to hold out for a buyer that would be happy to complete the job I have started. Thanks to all for your opinions so far and I welcome any further thoughts on the subject.

I'm not trying to be harsh, more tongue in cheek, but seriously everyone, feel free to part out any girls bike that is lower than a 4 on the scale from 1 - 10. anything better should be considered carefully before destroying it.
next, and this is the part that baffles me, if you have a piece of crap girls bike that you're spending more than it's worth trying to put it together, why don't you buy this nice original bike off of this guy and part out the junker you have. in the long run everyone will feel better.:confused:

the fork wont bring much since the fork is a different size in legs, truss bars, and steer tube. So it'll only fit a girls frame, that chain guard isn't the most desireable. How much do you want to make off the bike also so that might determine how you want to go. Personally I wouldn't part out. Its too nice.

Sigh.... I don't know, I'd say part it. I really like these bikes but frankly there's a crap load of these things still around. I'd like a boys version but I'm not even antsy about it because they become available all the time.

FWIW, I know where there's a matching boys version in very good condition for $450....

I think I would part it out or make a rat rod out of it.lolHeres her little sister.a 24 incher to keep her company.A girls bike named Cycle king?I would maybe part this one out but nobody wants a 24 incher.lol
monark24in1-1.jpg

RATROD?????? Spending a little bit too much time at that other site I fear. Only basing this on hearsay, since as we both know, I don't actually have firsthand knowledge.;)

I have seen a girls bike that has been transformed to boys bike and it came out good.weld a top bar or two,make a tank and who knows what.Experiment.If humans can have a sex change so can a bike.

I saw a girls bike that had a sex change on that forum,A torch,welder,imagination,and paint and a tank and you have a one of a kind POS.lol I could see it with reversed bars,chopped frame,top bar added .Opps wrong forum to say that stuff.

Last edited:
If you part it out, don't let Santa see you doing it.

Remember, he knows when you're sleeping, and he knows when you're awake, I'd be super careful and sneaky..........

Back