When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Thoughts on this Ladies JCH Flightliner on eBay

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Buster1

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hey all,

I am eyeing this Ladies JC Higgins. I don't know much about these bikes, but it looks nice, clean and I like the lines. The seller says is a "50s 60s" so that tells me he knows nothing about this bike. He's asking $300 starting, and $350 Buy it Now...and has obviously received no bids at all.

I think he's overpriced...but again, I don't know much about the bike.

Any Flightliner pros here? What do you think about this bike?

Here's the link. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-1960s...ps=63&clkid=8875598813933400287#ht_500wt_1413

Bike1.gif

Bike2.gif

Your correct.Its over priced.I would say thats about a $100 bike.Easy to find those on C.L.

Something is odd about the chain guard mounted so high above the front sprocket, just looks odd or wrong. Maybe that's normal for this bike but just saying it doesn't look correct to me.

a6fbc1313909ce9c-1.jpg
a6fbc131391fc808-1.jpg
a6fbc1313939c07b-1.jpg
Buster hope you didn't buy it.
Sale is ended so I can't tell.

I agree it's worth no more than $100 and wouldn't have bidded more than $75.
Painted frame brings less
Chain guard is right.

Chromed ladies Flightliners might bring $250 is in excellent shape.

Just too many out there of this model.
I can keep an eye out for one for ya....and can find one for less than $150 + shipping.

A mens model in great shape (chromed ) might can be found for less than $250 + shipping.

I picked up a ladies ('60) for cheap ...the tank was painted with house paint but can be cleaned up. If I remember right the handle bars and front chrome springer rods were painted silver...don't understand why...No seat. can't remember if the original tires still hold air.
Innerds of the tank are gone but can let it go for $50 + shipping

Picture to follow

Last edited:
Thanks guys. The sale did end, and no I didn't buy it. I am messaging the seller to see if he'll come down on the price, buy you know how eBay sellers are sometimes. He thinks it's worth triple I think. I'll keep working on him.

Hey Buster,Point out the fact that the rims are laced wrong.

Both valve stems are 2 spokes off.

I got a quick and easy fix for that,but dont tell him that.

PM me if ya wanna know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't even notice that...good point

There's another reduction ...say $50 for relacing or replacing both rims.

Then there is mine I'll let you have. Not sure what condition the rims are in.
PM me if you're interested in it.
Keep in mind, I picked this Higgins up in a bundle deal when I got my Evansaction.

Bent front spoke at 3:00

Im a wheel builder...I notice these things

I have no idea as to the lacing procedures but, do now notice the spokes on both wheels spokes look incorrectly positioned. Not sure exactly what angle they are supposed to be but, these look wrong.

A bent spoke isn't a deal breaker, but 3 bills for a ladies space bike is...clean or not.
I would not invest more than a hundy for it.
Chris

Back