When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zenith bicycle value

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
$ 150 is not out of line depending on the paint.

If it has a skiptooth, it's old, If it has a loop frame, which means the upper bar is a loop not strait, then it's a nice old bike.

If this bike is in the midwest chances are better that it is an American built Marshall Wells/Zenith bike than that it is a Canadian built one. The American versions were commonly built by H.P. Snyder and were similar to the Harris/Rollfast line. That would go a long way toward explaining the features of the bike noted so far. Unfortunately it is virtually impossible to value the bike without a photograph.

If I recall correctly the upper and lower bar aren't straight BUT I'm pretty sure both bars curved the exact same which seems to be different from the loop frames that I'm seeing when I google the term "loop bike frame"... A pic would solve so much for me right now! Thanks again for your help.

yep needs a picture, If you google Marshal wells Zenith it looks like the Canadian version was made by CCM and in the US they used CWC frames.

Attachments

• marshal wells Zenith.jpg
    marshal wells Zenith.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 356
  • Marshal wells Zenith3.jpg
    Marshal wells Zenith3.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 323
It totally looked like this Hawthorne except it had a skiptooth, no rear rack and didn't have the crhome bars that go from the headset to the front axle. The condition overall and of the paint was pretty similar to this one as well.

So is this considered a loop frame then?? This frame looks just like the one I've been talking about.

2a.gif

Nice bike, I would buy that. As for me saying Marshal Wells asked CWC to do their frames, I was just repeating what I read a moment before: doesn't mean the guy was right.

This is a CCM loop frame, the bottom tube is strait.
ccm.jpg

The maroon bike in the picture is actually a Cleveland Welding built bike from the early postwar years. A U.S. built H.P. Snyder built girls bike from just before or after WW2 will indeed look quite similar to that bike though.

You say the paint is about equal to this picture but note it is about a 6 out of 10 and from the photo I might grade the maroon bike a bit higher than that. The bike you are looking at is probably worth the $150 being asked for it, if not it obviously cannot be worth all that much less. As noted the things that might considerably add to the value, at least in parts, like drop stands, special sheet metal, headlights and accessories are very hard or impossible to judged from a just a verbal description.

Back