When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zep project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jose

Look Ma, No Hands!
Is the only difference from Zep to Zep the head badge? How could you tell? I'm 90% sure this one's a Rollfast. The Harvard crankset came with frame.

Attachments

• 20140303_091732.jpg
    20140303_091732.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 313
What I don't know could just barely be squeezed into Candlestick Park, but I think there are lots of differences.
Locking fork, different tank, frame is different: ears for drop stand are on the fender braces, not the dropouts.
Bars should be cross-braced, but with removable brace.
Hawthorne Zep would have chainring different than that DP Harris.
The Rollfast lit I've seen calls these frames Motobike.

Last edited:
What I don't know could just barely be squeezed into Candlestick Park, but I think there are lots of differences.
Locking fork, different tank, frame is different: ears for drop stand are on the fender braces, not the dropouts.
Wow....Thanks

There have been several threads on the forum discussing these frames/bikes. This is not a "Zep". The Zep was a Hawthorned model. The early ones were made by HP Snyder and some of the later ones by both Snyder and CWC (I believe). All true Zeps will have a locking fork as far as I know. But then again everything I know about these would probably fit in a thmble! You might want to spend a little time searching the forum because I believe RMS37 provided some good info on these. V/r Shawn

PS found a link that may be helpful.

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?22009-True-Zep-for-sale-on-Ratrod&highlight=hawthorne

Last edited:
Listen to this guy

He has one or two or ten of these bikes. And very well educated on them too!

The Zep name has become synonymous with this frame, when, in reality, Zep was the name of a specific deluxe model. Fastback is the moniker that seems to make more sense to describe the frame, but Zep has just been ingrained in the bicycle lexicon for a while.

I encourage you to read the many past threads on the "Zep"...Phil (RMS37) has explained the nuances in great detail several times.
HawthorneZep-1.jpg

The Hawthorne "ZEP"
Zep1-1.jpg

Screenshot20110705at42004PMpng-1.jpg

Screenshot20110705at50725PMpng-1.jpg

Screenshot20110705at51709PMpng-1.jpg

A curved down tube??
Screenshot20110705at55410PMpng-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JLF
What I don't know could just barely be squeezed into Candlestick Park...frame is different: ears for drop stand are on the fender braces, not the dropouts.
Bars should be cross-braced, but with removable brace....

HawthorneZep-1.jpg

:D

What to I call this old rollfast heap?

I guess I fell into this catagory, been calling it a zep because of the frame style.rob.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 242
Back