When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pierce (?) motobike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bud poe

I live for the CABE
Picked this one up at the Seattle Swap. 28" frame, seller said it was a Pierce, a friend of mine agrees, what do you guys think? Dropouts are not stamped and brazed on like other motobike frames I have, they transition seamlessly onto the chain and seat stays. Bearings are integrated into the frame (both head-set and bottom bracket). 2 Badge holes are spaced diagonally from top to bottom...Any thoughts or does anyone have one like this?
IMG_0047-1.jpg

IMG_0046-1.jpg

IMG_0049-1.jpg

IMG_0051-1.jpg

I would think that fork style would give it away, as it is distinctive looking....but I don't know myself. Nice find!

Yeah the forks are like no other I've seen (or can remember anyways), very unique...I almost hesitated on it but I knew if I didn't grab it I'd regret passing on it. Now I gotta repair the broken crank arm and find a badge and wheels...

the frame looks good the forkd look like the ones on an Edan I used to have F.Y.I. the Copake auction has 3 pierce spring forksw in the 500's and 600's lots they are the real thing

remember a man who drives a Pierce Arrow motor bike need apologize to NO ONE

Thanks guys!
Dave, are the fenders specific to Pierce? Also, any idea as to year of manufacture and rarity/value? I don't plan on selling it, just curious...
Tony, I found a Pierce on Copake's website, that leaf-spring fork is pretty cool...
Thanks again...
Bud

it looks like a pierce to me. the fork crown is exactly like my racer. but my cranks are two piece(i think its a buffalo made pierce) yours looks like a single piece crank and my guess is Emblem made Pierce from Angola. but early because of the craftsmanship on the dropouts. i think they are brazed in and then filed/sculpted smooth. You think the truss rods are bent from a wreck? i haven't seen a set like those. there might be a model number decal on the front down tube under that house paint. I think Pelletman has some catalogs on line somewhere (don't know how extensive his catalog collection is tho.)

Last edited:
A unique feature of Pierce bicycles was that the front fork was Nickled not painted.

I didn't consider that the truss rods were bent from a wreck but I suppose it's possible...The bends look pretty uniform and the fork itself seems straight so I think they are as they came...
Thanks for the reference pics, what era is your bike from and how about mine? I'm thinking definitely pre 33 for mine as ballooners won't fit between the stays, possibly 1920's? You think the bars are correct for it? I love those bars and will most likely keep them either way, just wondering...Yeah, nickled forks huh? I'll have to pay dearly for a badge...

Back