When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Evans Viscount 400

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

damon strub

Look Ma, No Hands!
I just aquired this Evans Viscount 400. It was only $40 and the awkwardness of the design caught my eye. On line catalogs suggest it is a 1963 model.

it appears to be complete - except for the front part of the tank and headlight assembly. If I can find a headlight tank assembly, ill give it a try to restore. Without that part, its probably not worth the effort.

Might anyone out there have the correct missing front portion of the tank - or a complete tank assembly from an earlier model? BTW, this tank is actually just plastic. I think earlier models were stamped steel, no?

evan 1-24.jpg

evans 57 catalog.jpg

Just looking at the catalog pictures (Interceptor 100 and Viscount 200), it looks to have common parts with the other tank housing, less the front reflector on the head tube, with a separate self contained headlight on the front fender.

Also, from your picture, it is not too clear what the contraption on the head tube might be, or if it is something on the fence in the background; is it an electrical fixture that a plastic bezel would clip onto?
Might simply look better without?

Last edited:
I always liked these, kind of the “NASH” of the vintage bicycle world. A dearly departed friend of mine here had one, and it was showroom new.

Most sources say Evans ceased production after 1962. The chrome guard, and paisley chain ring (similar to Monark's, but not the same) suggests a build date closer to the end. I have a ladies' version, with a Lucznik coaster brake.

evans 62.jpg

Back