When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Local family bike.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Update.
I approached the surviving family members and not one of them are interested in the bike. They thanked me for thinking of them and told me very politely to do what I like with it. None of them were alive when she owned it so it appears it has no sentimental value for them. Sounds like it was left in an out building when the farm she had lived on was sold years ago.

A surprisingly large percentage of them have extensive collections of everything vintage and or antiques. From die cast cars, trucks and tractors, full sized tractors. There is a small 1930's ere complete Red Crown gas/service station jam packed with automobilia, a small bike shop that the owner of is gathering antique and vintage bikes, tools etc.
American Pickers need to schedule a visit. Mike and Frank would have a ball.

The owner of the local bike shop bought the old Saloon on main Street and is planning on turning it into a bicycle museum. Building sat vacant for the last 23 years. I'll be replacing a lot of bricks on several parts of the outside. Worst is a 3' tall 5' wide hole on the top edge of the 2 story building and and a couple feet of the flat roof is crumbling. It's been covered in a couple layers of tarps so no new damage the last 2 years. After those repairs it will just be sanding and staining the original hardwood floors and cleaning up the really cool copper plated ceiling. So the plan for the Monark is to polish it up, replace the parts that need it and donate it to the museum. He already has several bikes there. I'll post pictures of some of them next week when I go to work on the building. He apparently has enough old bikes to fill the building 3-4 times over.

Back