When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay is a great place to buy a 'rare' antique bicycle (Trust)

-

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Why? because of the sheer HONESTY there.......

We wonder why America is hated and fading fast......TRUST.

There was a survey regarding trust I heard on NPR recently......they interviewed adults and school kids 10 years ago
asking how many of them trusted their fellow Americans ..........% of DIStrust was about 30% 10 years ago.

Today the same survey? About 70% DIStrust each other.

Sad.

I look at ebay ...........and auctions like this classic.........the "Trustworthy" Magoo??? and see why.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/schwinn-la-...37?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_21wt_1124

Everyone is out to scam. Some one posted the CL Link for a horribly cobbled together SilverKing that was purchased and
promptly shoved on ebay with a total BS write up and an insane price. America? What happened to the people?

Greeeeeeed!

This guy lists bikes all the time (usually overpriced), and sometimes sells one.....but unfortunately I guess it's up to the buyer to check it out (buyer beware).

Bob, you and I, Paul G., Bill Waltzer, Jim Cunningham, Dan Lepro, and others here on The CABE and not CABE members come from a time when we all did honest bike business together. We did it through letters, pictures sent with the letters, hand written ads in the bicycle news letters, face to face at swap meets, phone calls. We had a feel for the people we were talking with and dealing with. We got to know each other. You actually gained a trust where after a while you could do a transaction on the word of the buyer and seller. I am not saying that this still isn't being done, it is. It is just back then we did not have computers to hide behind,user names etc. It is just that the internet has made it easy for people to be dishonest and outright liars. I am 60 years old now and have no time for these peoples bullpoop. Money isn't everything for the honest seller of whatever that seller happens to be selling. You, I and many others do care about our integrity and want to be able to sleep well at night. I believe we earned and we do sleep well and can hold our heads up. There are many out there who are lower than snake sperm.

good things take time

Bob, you and I, Paul G., Bill Waltzer, Jim Cunningham, Dan Lepro, and others here on The CABE and not CABE members come from a time when we all did honest bike business together. We did it through letters, pictures sent with the letters, hand written ads in the bicycle news letters, face to face at swap meets, phone calls. We had a feel for the people we were talking with and dealing with. We got to know each other. You actually gained a trust where after a while you could do a transaction on the word of the buyer and seller. I am not saying that this still isn't being done, it is. It is just back then we did not have computers to hide behind,user names etc. It is just that the internet has made it easy for people to be dishonest and outright liars. I am 60 years old now and have no time for these peoples bullpoop. Money isn't everything for the honest seller of whatever that seller happens to be selling. You, I and many others do care about our integrity and want to be able to sleep well at night. I believe we earned and we do sleep well and can hold our heads up. There are many out there who are lower than snake sperm.

These are fine words spoken by someone who knows how it was in the "good old days". There are still a few places in the world the good old days still exist, and the old world charm of an old bicycle still hypnotizes snakes (and ladies) alike.

This guy seems to be a twin to the moron that keeps the pair of cobbled Silver Kings on Ebay for astronomical prices. I'm just waiting for the day when some poor sap posts on this site "hey looky what I done scored off Ebay!". That said I have to hold the buyers accountable as well. Evidently you learned how to access the internet now how about doing a little due diligence before plunking down your hard earned green backs for something you obviously know nothing about. Its called research and if you are either too stupid or too lazy then maybe you need to learn a lesson the hard way. V/r Shawn

And because of the seller's pure stupidity

We wonder why America is hated and fading fast......TRUST.

There was a survey regarding trust I heard on NPR recently......they interviewed adults and school kids 10 years ago
asking how many of them trusted their fellow Americans ..........% of DIStrust was about 30% 10 years ago.

I trust no one. Until they have been proven trustworthy.... Something I learned back in the 50's.

Sad.

I look at ebay ...........and auctions like this classic.........the "Trustworthy" Magoo??? and see why.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/schwinn-la-...37?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_21wt_1124

Everyone is out to scam. Some one posted the CL Link for a horribly cobbled together SilverKing that was purchased and
promptly shoved on ebay with a total BS write up and an insane price. America? What happened to the people?

Greeeeeeed!

And more so because of the seller's pure stupidity

I trust no one. Until they have been proven trustworthy Something I learned back in the 50's.

there's no shortage of these guys, check this one out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281442080237

I sent him this small message:

"this is a Wald aftermarket replacemnent fork. it isn't original equippment on any bike.
hope this helps."

this was his reply:

"HI,
I am very aware it was made by Wald, and never made claim any where in my posting that it was original equipment for any make or model bike.
I merely stated it was removed from a Dayton Firestone Cruiser, which was not in any way meant to mislead someone into thinking otherwise.
Thanks for the good intentions though..........."

yeah, right nothing mis-leading here!

ebay greed

....!!.....everything is worth....what a fool is willing to pay for ....:cool:

and yes, collectors sometimes are fools......;)

Back